Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling the whole display and everything you see on it. Includes 3 driving locomotives, about 25 cars, the entire layout with all electrical components, homes, cars, people, scenery, etc etc. All is operational. EVERYTHING YOU SEE In the pics. I can provide video upon request. Much work, artistry, effort, and thousands of dollars were put into this display. The display is about 20 feet by 10 feet. Text/ call with offers/questions @ 315.717.8607. Thanks! $20,000 or best offer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Some people might sat WOW $20k is a lot of money. I agree, it is a lot. However, for a turn-key operating layout with EVERYTHING included. It is a BARGAIN.

I hope this seller meets up with a reasonable buyer that knows how much time, effort and $$$ went into this great looking layout.

Full disclosure... I am not related to the seller.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have considerably lowered the price since my original post...seeking $5,000. Display must go since I am moving!! 315.717.8607.

·
Registered
809 Posts
How would one even begin to disassemble the layout.
If you had taken before photos and then separated the sections, you would have gotten many offers, probably close to your original asking price.

Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone is free to ask for more pictures or better yet check it out in person and see that it can be sectioned off and taken away.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,511 Posts
Anyone is free to ask for more pictures or better yet check it out in person and see that it can be sectioned off and taken away.
Hello,
What part of the world do you live in?

I am guessing USA?
Even still the USA is fairly big.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,511 Posts
OK, I used to run up there a lot delivering chemicals.
Most of the stops we did in that part of NY went out of business or moved. Syracuse, Cortland, Bing-o town, Rochester and more the same thing.
We have a plant in Tonawanda but those loads get put on outside carriers today. I only run out 250 miles then back, home every night.:)

But maybe there is someone watching who is in your area, or not too far away.
Looks like a great deal if they can somehow piece the layout apart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My rock bottom price is $2900 now. I am moving and all inventory and layout needs to go together!

·
Registered
252 Posts
What will you do with the layout if you do not get any buyers? Did you put the layout on eBay and other selling avenues?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I know you are running out of time but I really think you should list it on eBay. You may be surprised of the responses you get.

Every thing you have for $2900? There has to be a buyer because that’s a good deal. Ebay moves a lot of train items daily and I know I have more than made my fair share of purchases from there since it began nearly 20 years ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm moving and will be living in an apartment to begin, then moving into a house. So personally I'd rather not move the display twice along with me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts