Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my recently finished ethanol plant. The table measures 8' X 3' 6" and has an insulation board placed on top. I spray painted large evergreen sheets with Rust-Oleum Desert Bisque for texture and applied them to the board. All buildings are from Walthers Cornerstone North American Ethanol Plant Series. A combination of Walthers and Plastruct parts are used for the ethanol and water piping. The sky was painted by an artist.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments!:) Because I don't have room for a large running layout, I went the diorama route. This way, there was enough room for the plant and service tracks.

The last structure I added is the plant's office building. It's from the Pikestuff Kitbasher Series. Pikestuff is the only company I know of that produces a kit for a modern office building. The only thing left to do with the structure is to fill a few open spaces at the bottom and attached an Evergreen sheet under it.

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Darn you Fazeman, now you have given me more ideas, and expansion ideas. Great work and so fitting for today. No more gold mines or silver mines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Darn you Fazeman, now you have given me more ideas, and expansion ideas. Great work and so fitting for today. No more gold mines or silver mines.
Yeah, but if you expand your project any further, you won't have any room in your garage. That is, unless you do another one of your table hinge specialties. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
648 Posts
If I ever get the track glued down, I actually don't lose any garage space, by pure luck, and I mean pure luck, my benches/shelves clear the bottom by 1/4 inch. So they slide under the solid 2 foot section.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Cubalz. The attached picture shows one of four Wilson 43' Pacesetter grain trailers (COOP) I purchased from Lonestar. While assembly and some filing is required, Lonestar is the only company that produces HO grain trailers. The detailed parts and decals are excellent. Tiny decal strips like the reflective tape at the bottom of the trailer is the only trouble spot I had. Just need more practice with that. Assembly can also be made so the tarp is in the rolled up position. Tarps come in a variety of colors. Decals are representative of different companies.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts