Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the railroad lines that interest me in particular is the TH&B (Toronto Hamilton & Buffalo). A very prominent rail line in my town and surrounding area in southern Ontario. So it is only natural for me to want to include this rail line in my layout. I have searched through many, many, online retailers, looking for engines, cars, anything to do with this railroad. To make matters worse, I am modelling in N scale, which makes availability of many things even harder to come by. I had found absolutely nothing.

I happened to be browsing eBay the other day, and came across these beauties.....3 TH&B boxcars, in N scale yet. I was able to win the auction, so now these guys are on their way to me and at the low price of $19.99 for the 3 of them plus shipping. I found the seller had lots more N scale items, so I bookmarked him and will keep a regular eye on his offerings.

s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
If the seller is decalling cars themselves, you might send them a message asking if they could make up any specific cars you are interested in. Custom work goes a lot faster when they know there's already a buyer. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the seller is decalling cars themselves, you might send them a message asking if they could make up any specific cars you are interested in. Custom work goes a lot faster when they know there's already a buyer. :)
I don't think that is the case here, but it sure wouldn't hurt to find out. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I have that line on my HO layout also. Model Power made the identical car in HO. Same road number also. I also have a Bachmann Silver Series and AMH cars for this. The AMH one is a double door and more orange than yellow. Model Power also made a matching caboose in HO. If they made the box car in N they may have done the same with the caboose. I found someone at a local show that specialized in painting Athearn BB shells in North Eastern US and Canadian small rail roads. That is how I received may SD9 for this line.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
I know this doesn't help for N scale, but Atlas is making H.O. scale GP7's in the TH&B scheme....they sure look good.....and a lot of times, what they make in H.O. they will also make in N scale.....

Atlas GP7.jpg

TH&B GP7 large.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know this doesn't help for N scale, but Atlas is making H.O. scale GP7's in the TH&B scheme....they sure look good.....and a lot of times, what they make in H.O. they will also make in N scale.....

View attachment 539956
View attachment 539958
Those are absolutely beautiful. I will cross my fingers and hope they do decide to make them in N scale as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have that line on my HO layout also. Model Power made the identical car in HO. Same road number also. I also have a Bachmann Silver Series and AMH cars for this. The AMH one is a double door and more orange than yellow. Model Power also made a matching caboose in HO. If they made the box car in N they may have done the same with the caboose. I found someone at a local show that specialized in painting Athearn BB shells in North Eastern US and Canadian small rail roads. That is how I received may SD9 for this line.
Nice Layout! I like the creek feature. Nice work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts