Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Nice video. The catenary adds a lot to the overall appearance. I am undecided if the glass of beer adds to the overall realism or not.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably not, but it sure adds to the relaxation and fun.

Reactions: Firewood

·
Registered
231 Posts
Always impressed with your layout Michael. To me it embodies what's "so darn cool!" about model railroading. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always impressed with your layout Michael. To me it embodies what's "so darn cool!" about model railroading. Thanks for posting!
Thanks. I'm really glad I chose to model European this time. It really takes me back to Germany every time I run it. This sort of gets in your blood after you've lived there awhile.

·
Registered
8,905 Posts
NIce. I love it. I used to go to Germany a lot (I was a minor exec with the German-Swiss company ABB and always going to its European headquarters to ask permission to what they weren't going to let me do . . . ). Always loved their trains. Your video brought back memories. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Lee.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
The only thing missing is oompah band music. I was considering having a Yuengling lager with dinner tonight. The video made up my mind.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Very nice Michael. I really admire anybody who can string that catenary like you did. Sure does add a lot to the scene. The glass of beer, Germany and Switzerland seems like a natural fit to me.

Kenny

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. I still have a lot of catenary to hang on the main lines. Still a bit to hang on the RhB too.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm thinking a glass of beer should be a feature of all layout pictures... It fits absolutely perfectly into the mrr philosophy of "enjoy life, and don't take yourself too seriously..." :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Thank You, MichaelE!!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I agree. After the layout work is finished for the day, a cool glass of Hofbräu is just the right thing for watching die Modelleisenbahn for a few hours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts