Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Kewl where do I get one ! With a bike on rails you could drink as much beer as you want and never get lost until you come to a switch. !!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Kewl where do I get one ! With a bike on rails you could drink as much beer as you want and never get lost until you come to a switch. !!
hahaha... until you get too drunk and run into an oncoming train!!! oops

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
First one looks "PhotoShopped" ... maybe?

Second one looks 100% real. Neat. I'll have a red one and a blue one, please! I'm trying ot figure out the "cowcatcher" thing ... in one pic it's in the back, in the other it's in the front. :confused:

TJ

·
Registered
208 Posts
yes looks photoshopped

Yes the top photo with the person does look to be photoshopped.

the cowcatcher thing looks like a shelf of sorts for storing baggage, knapsacks
or whatever!

Aaron

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Ohhh ...

You're right! So it's not the cowcatcher/basket thing that's moved ... it's the seat position that's been swapped. Thanks for the keen eyes!

Clever one-off (presumably) design.

TJ

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,969 Posts
I would mount the old 750 Kaw engine sitting in my garage to the first one.:laugh:

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why are they wearing orange jackets?

...like a train could stop in time! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
I'm thinking he might need a bigger brake pad there, huh? :rolleyes: It's only about 100-times bigger than those on my bicycle.

Seriously, I suspect the big brake pad is probably needed. Those wheels looks quite heavy, and with much of the weight in the rims, they probably have quite a bit of inertia when the cart gets rolling along at some pace.

TJ

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Besides the inertial weight... metal wheels on metal rails have almost no rolling resistance. You can tell in the video that the guy didn't need to pedal very hard, once the railbike was in motion.

Man, I'd love to pedal one of those around. :)

(Doesn't the designer kinda look a little like Robert De Niro? )

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is a company in Franklin, NH that makes a neat version of these and sells parts too. Railriders. www.railriders.net. They have photos on their website, (I have no connection with them so this isn't a sales pitch).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts