Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am designing and starting a layout in my 10'x25' space. I am modeling current day Everett, WA to Leavenworth, WA. I started a simple track design in AnyRail. Is there anything that I should be careful of or am missing? I don't have scenery planned out just yet even though I have an idea where I want some things to go. What do you think? I am planning on 11" radius turns on

I can send the AnyRail file in a PM if someone is interested.

Capture.PNG

·
Registered
896 Posts
Do you live in the area? I live on the north side of Seattle, ski at Stevens Pass, and have visited Leavenworth a few times. Some very nice terrain between Everett and Leavenworth. I could see you doing some nice river and bridge scenes. I believe the actual tracks cross over the river multiple times. You could also do some trestles over the slew outside Everett. Be sure to include the town of Skykomish. Then there’s the long tunnel under Stevens Pass that you can compress down to something much shorter. I’m less familiar with what the tracks do on the Leavenworth side of the mountain pass. Sounds like a fun build!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you live in the area? I live on the north side of Seattle, ski at Stevens Pass, and have visited Leavenworth a few times. Some very nice terrain between Everett and Leavenworth. I could see you doing some nice river and bridge scenes. I believe the actual tracks cross over the river multiple times. You could also do some trestles over the slew outside Everett. Be sure to include the town of Skykomish. Then there’s the long tunnel under Stevens Pass that you can compress down to something much shorter. I’m less familiar with what the tracks do on the Leavenworth side of the mountain pass. Sounds like a fun build!
I do live in the area. It’s my favorite day trip. The most beautiful area in the fall season. Which I will also be modeling. I’m excited to share the progress

·
Registered
35 Posts
You are off to a great start, and the room looks well suited to a model railroad. What will you do about the window? Ignore it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts