Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are looking for information on postwar Lionel trains, then check this site out... It has a huge list of cars, and with each is a picture, some background, its features, and a list of all its variations :thumbsup:

It has really helped me out in my eBay searches, and I figured I would post it here to share with our O scale members :D

http://www.postwarlionel.com/index.html

·
Yard Master & Research
10,635 Posts
Good Source

I like this sight. Really like it!:D I clcked it to My Favorites!!

I researched My 2056 Hudson to find out it it 027. Only the drive wheels are O. Oh Well. I suppose, if I owned "The Hudson" 773, the differences would be more apparent.:eek:hwell:

The pictures are great!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I researched My 2056 Hudson to find out it it 027. Only the drive wheels are O. Oh Well. I suppose, if I owned "The Hudson" 773, the differences would be more apparent.:eek:hwell:
That is probably my favorite postwar Lionel engine, "the Hudson" that is... In the future I would like to buy either the 773 or its prewar sister, the 763, in pristine condition so I can drool over its beauty ;)

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
650 Posts
That site is what I use for all my Lionel purchases.

I decided on the 2056 because I like the look and it was only made on my wife's birth year (1952). I found one for $95 BUY-IT-NOW and it was nearing the end of the auction. I took a chance and it's awesome.

I also got a beautiful 2046 tender for $38 (excellent) and near mint (w/boxes) 2421-2422-2423 passenger cars!

No kidding, you have to look those cars over very closely to even find a small cratch. Got all 3 cars for about $160.

Yep, I really like the Lionel Library!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just beware DJTrains, not everything listed on eBay is what it seems... Glad to see things are working out though :)
Oh ya, I know. I didn't mention the LOCO I got that was totally missing a set of wheels, etc.

I've been buying and selling on the bay for about 10 years now and somehow have managed to keep 100% positive feedback even though I mostly sell.

But back before the protection via paypal and credit card I lost nearly $1000 on bum deals. Now with paypal I lose zero money. I have a case going right now with a metal detector dealer in Canada whose trying to rip me off for $136. I sure appreciate paypal! In the last 6 months months thev've saved me hundreds due to dealers who wanted the money but didn't want to deliver the goods or who wouldn't honor their money back offers.

Actually, the way ebay is today there's no reason to get burned unless you pay by money order. I do that only if the seller is well known to be trustworthy and I can't find the item anywhere else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts