Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I believe they are referring to Faller's electronic / automated car system for use on HO scale layouts to simulate car traffic etc. It's very impressive but quite expensive (doesn't that always seem to go hand in hand??)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhL6N5CCuH8

Googling 'faller car system' will bring up alot of info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check this link out. Unfortunately it's in German, but you get the drift. Utterly amazing. I'm big into the scenery thing and this is just what I'm looking for. Especially the emergency vehicles. Just wish this would catch on over here in N. America. :mad:

Watch the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLG2K1gYB9A

·
Registered
96 Posts
fallen

Magnetically coupled, gets involved, could cost a lot., gets away from the theme of railroads that connected the country together.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
It is quite expensive. A 'starter' set with one vehicle is about $110.

However, it does add another dimension to the hobby, usually everything is static on our layouts, and motorways are just as busy as the railroads. With time, the price will come down and the technology will get better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tworail said:
It is quite expensive. A 'starter' set with one vehicle is about $110.

However, it does add another dimension to the hobby, usually everything is static on our layouts, and motorways are just as busy as the railroads. With time, the price will come down and the technology will get better.
I may go ahead and get a starter kit just to play around with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts