Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, Father's Day, my younger son was answering a call-in notice to report to work for an alarm. He was in his own vehicle.. He was hit head-on by a drunk female. She was combated with the EMT's and Police, and denied ever being in a accident.. They found a open can of Mike's hard Lemonade in her vehicle..She also fought the doctors and nurses in the hospital.. My younger son is pretty beat up and sore this morning, but the EMT's and Police told him his next to new Silverado probably saved his life with it's solid construction and all the air-bags. Lot's of bruising, etc.. This type of thing is probably the reason I do not have a CCW,( conceal carry permit).. When something like this happens to a member of my family, I lose all self-control, and I will not stop until the threat is eliminated..Being a Veteran, I know how to hurt you in a hundred ways, and will do so... Thank the Good Lord my youngest is still with us....rant ended.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Drunk drivers will always be. Habitual drunk drivers are just criminals who care not for the safety others. I am glad your son still is with us. Bruises and aches can heal.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charges are pending, and she was given several tickets. A blood sample was drawn and we're waiting for the results.

·
Admin
43,706 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your son, but I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured and will recover.
This type of thing is probably the reason I do not have a CCW,( conceal carry permit).. When something like this happens to a member of my family, I lose all self-control, and I will not stop until the threat is eliminated.
I hate to say it, but I'm glad you don't have a CCW either! That kind of attitude is exactly why people get into trouble with guns. A gun should be your last resort, not the first thing you think of.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Flyernut wish your son a speedy recovery. Glad he is ok. That really sucks she probably has a history of D W I. HOPE SHE GETS WHAT SHE DESERVES AND THEN SOME.
AL

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all, but troubles come in 3's.. I spent Wednesday night in the ER, today Friday in the hospital for 4 hours, and now have to go back next week to complete the procedure as I'm on Plavtex.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Sorry about your family's rotten luck. I hope your troubles stop at 3 and that all goes well with the procedure. How is your son doing?

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
flyernut, have not heard from you lately. Sorry about your son. Head-ons are bad.
I am sure his truck is tore up. Sue her for a new one. If she has insurance they will
pay. Especially if her tests come back intoxicated. After the test results come back,
have your son talk to a lawyer that specializes in this sort of thing. I don't normally
like suing but this is different. This is the sort of thing lawsuits were made for. She
made the choice. You play you pay. Hope you are doing well yourself. I know you
have had some problems. Take care buddy.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I have ANOTHER appointment next week, and I'm now taking 7 new prescriptions on top of the 5 I take regularly...They couldn't do any cutting yesterday because of my PLAVEX usage so they made me as comfortable as possible until next week.As far as my son is concerned, the girls insurance company offered him a settlement of $750 dollars,lol. Because this no a fault state state, each insurance company pays out to each insured, and then they go after each other. The lawyer my son spoke to said he really wasn't injured bad enough to seek any real money compensation.. BUT... He is driving around in a 2020 beautiful dark blue Silverado he just picked Friday! His old truck was totaled and our insurance paid quite well. Thanks for everyone's well wishes, it's much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Glad your son is doing good. Take care of your self. All that medicine does not sound good.
Plavex is a blood thinner. No they will not cut on you till that is out of your system. I was on Plavex for awhile. I guess after my 2 heart attacks. Still kicking though. Good luck flyernut.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad your son is doing good. Take care of your self. All that medicine does not sound good.
Plavex is a blood thinner. No they will not cut on you till that is out of your system. I was on Plavex for awhile. I guess after my 2 heart attacks. Still kicking though. Good luck flyernut.
By the way, I do have several 302 plastic versions if you want/need one. I still looking for the tranny.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Not really, I have 2 or 3 and that is enough. I have let my inventory list get behind.
Need to get that sucker up to date. I bought another 326 cause I thought I did not have one.
LOL, I have 2 now. Both are nice. But do not need 2. I have 2 K335, but I knew what I was doing. Even though it made 2 I had to go because of the price. I will fix it up and sell it.
I have4 northerns now. I will keep 3 of them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts