Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched transformers - from a MTH Z1000 to an old Tech II and the engine ran. Unfortunately the Tech II doesn't have a horn or bell button so I can't
sequence through the various commands but it did run. I couldn't believe it.
A little progress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FEC BL-2 engine problem

With the MTH Z1000 I applied power (not over 10 volts) and heard the 2 bells and the engine starting up then running. I then cut the current then applied current and heard the engine repeat the 2 bells and engine running sounds. The instructions stated if the 2 bells sound repeat the 2nd time I should try not to apply current so fast. So Attempted it more slowly - no results. My engine is a MTH BL-2 protosound. I am running on Fastrack if that makes any difference. I have an old Tech II transformer used for LGB trains. I switched transformers and the engine runs but I can't cycle through the various commands (horn, whistle freight yard sounds, etc.) as the Tech II doesn't have a horn or whistle button. The horn in the engine remains on. I would have thought a MTH engine should run using a MTH transformer. Could I have wired the transformer? wrong?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts