Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When sitting at a RR crossing as a very long grain hopper freight passed by, to my surprise was 2 blue Pillsbury hoppers in the consist. First time I have ever seen those guys except in the MTH / Lionel catalogs.

It is always interesting when sitting at a RR crossing to see a freight car that has some character to it. Most of todays newer freight cars are plain janes.

Bill

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
When I was a kid and had all Tyco and Aethern BB rolling stock, I never once saw one of those billboard cars on an actual train.

We had Illinois Central, L&N, and Southern Pacific running through town and never saw one advertising car.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I'd sure like to know where all of those cars were back in the '70's when Tyco and Athearn had a bazzilion of those in their catalogs.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
When sitting at a RR crossing as a very long grain hopper freight passed by, to my surprise was 2 blue Pillsbury hoppers in the consist. First time I have ever seen those guys except in the MTH / Lionel catalogs.

It is always interesting when sitting at a RR crossing to see a freight car that has some character to it. Most of todays newer freight cars are plain janes.

Bill
Too bad you weren't able to get a photo of it.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I was sitting at a rail crossing about 6 months ago when this one went by in a train:

image.jpeg

I have an Exact Rail version of this one, Tangent makes it as well.....both are HO scale......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts