Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thought I would do a show and tell on Lionel Track sections and what they operate .
The first one is the UCS O gage section. It handles the shoe connector from a Lionel Truck and a center magnet for uncoupling and car actions.

The next three are 027 gage. The RCS with no magnet and two versions of the 6019, one without the shoe rails.

THe shoe on the truck

A coupler activated with the shoe contact. The shoe also powers the 3472 Milk Car and 3469 Dump Car.

This shows the man operated by the plunger in th 3464 Car.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,336 Posts
"T" stands for
Trains, Track, Trestles, and more Trains

You can add teacher to the "T" stands for too.
I have been going through your posts and I think you are worthy of "teacher" title too.

Thanks for the posts T = Teacher man.:D

I like your LED experiments posts too. I never fooled around with them much, but the big lot of N scale I picked up came with a ton of them.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is a diagram for four leads. I always get confused with this. It may be better just to find it at Olsens. Anyway tis is a top and side orientation. Looking from the top no matter what track you have the cemter rail is to the right and the nearest outer rail to the left. The two buttons are unload to the right and uncouple to the left.
The magnet (not shown) gets power from the center rail and grounds through the lower "in between" rail, the green wire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ucs & fastrack

Newbi here so thanks for the help. I have post war Lionel and am starting all over with fastrack this time had standard O gauge back in the 50's.

Can I mate my 6-65530 UCS to my Fastrack? This will allow me to operate milk car, log dump, coal dump, cattle car plus be able to uncouple with just my UCS.

I understand the operating track that the Fastrack system uses may not function with the milk or cattle cars.

I think I would also need a separate Fastrack for uncouple.

Thank you,
Allen
Sequim, WA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts