Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next I get out a .03 drill bit and drill a hole in the tender step area. Before I do that however, I get a large, stiff paper clip and measure the diameter of the clip, and then use the appropriate drill bit. 004.JPG

005.JPG

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let it dry over night, and viola, finished product..A little paint and off she goes.. Sorry about the poor quality of the pix. 009.JPG

·
Admin
45,129 Posts
I'm impressed you can drill accurately with that big drill! :dunno: I usually start with a pin vise with a #60 drill bit to accurately position my hole, then I move to the power tools.

The JB-Weld step is my standard, can't argue with that step! :D

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm impressed you can drill accurately with that big drill! :dunno: I usually start with a pin vise with a #60 drill bit to accurately position my hole, then I move to the power tools.

The JB-Weld step is my standard, can't argue with that step! :D
That drill I used has a great chuck, it holds the small drills very precisely, but I wouldn't want to go any smaller, it would be a push.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I use my Dumore jeweler's drill press for fine work, it'll hold a #80 bit nicely. Even there I like a "starter" hole before I hit it with power. Doing it with a hand drill? Not a chance for me! :D
Your pay scale and experience are way beyond mine, lol. I wish I had 1/3 of your expertise.:smilie_daumenpos:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts