Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was rummaging through my grandmothers attic and I found a dusty, dirty BUT STILL SEALED NEVER OPENED:eek: "Life Like Work Train" Complete and Ready To Run HO Electric Train Set Item #08138. I cleaned off the plastic and minus a small tear in the plastic in the center...this train is in brand new perfect condition. I can't find it on any web site to even begin to get an idea of its age or value. Can anyone out there who knows anything about trains please ....please email me....I really need some help:confused:....Thanks

[email protected]

·
Yard Master & Research
10,647 Posts
The HO boom started in the late 70's . Best guess, but the company was around since the 50's but HO came into being with plastic and that happened in the 70's. Life Like was part of that. Having lived through it, I wouldn't say that it is really old, but I will toss that one as a matter of perspective. I bought some HO at the time and Life Like was ok ,affordable but more of a toy than a model. Today the company is still around, so it must be doing something right. Unlike Tyco no collector site exist. I do have the present Hauler link you can compare with the picture
http://www.trainsetsonly.com/page/TSO/CTGY/LifeLike. All you can do is watch ebay and google a little. Not much info out there.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,647 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts