Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
16,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Free goodies ...

(Hope posting this here in "HO" rather than the "Sell/Trade" section is OK.)

I recently built an HO layout utilizing a few components that I had from when I was a kid. The new layout has a "rural town" theme, and I have a couple of extra HO buildings that don't quite fit in to the theme. I have no need for them, and would prefer they go to a happy home and someone who might use them.

See ATTACHED PICS.

I'm offering them to anyone interested for FREE, asking that they'll simply pick up shipping costs ... maybe $5 or $6 or something like that.

KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN STORE -- intact, though my modeling skills way back then were pretty rudimentary. Some glue showing, etc. And the sign stickers have discolored a bit with age. Base is 8.5" x 4.25".

PLASTICVILLE SCHOOL -- This disassembles into 4 sides panels and a roof. Never glued together. Decent shape, needs a little cleaning. 6.5" x 2.5".

If interested, drop a REPLY here, then Private Message me with address info.

Regards,

TJ

Attachments

·
16,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, Reckers ...

I usually get/enjoy your wit, but I think you've got us all stumped with that Barry Manilow comment. Care to elaborate ???

And as far as PETA goes ... my philosophy is "if it tastes like chicken -- whatever it is -- EAT IT!"

TJ

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK, Reckers ...

I usually get/enjoy your wit, but I think you've got us all stumped with that Barry Manilow comment. Care to elaborate ???

And as far as PETA goes ... my philosophy is "if it tastes like chicken -- whatever it is -- EAT IT!"

TJ
He wrote the KFC jingle, common Kentucky Knowledge haha, I had to learn it to get my my Kentucky Green card when I moved here.:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUQD2KIhSR0

·
16,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, shaygetz ... You're the first! Private-message me your address, and I'll send it out to you. You can reimburse me for postage at your convenience.

Do you want the little schoolhouse, too, or should we leave that "here" for someone else to grab?

TJ

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Our beloved brother from Grayson County is right. Before he became known as a musician, Barry Manilow wrote commercial jingles. "Get a bucket of chicken....have a barrel of fun!" Was from Barry. SSG.Diesel, you've passed your citizenship test!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Our beloved brother from Grayson County is right. Before he became known as a musician, Barry Manilow wrote commercial jingles. "Get a bucket of chicken....have a barrel of fun!" Was from Barry. SSG.Diesel, you've passed your citizenship test!
Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha,

Reckers, I attached a you tube link in my previous post so people didn't think we were on crack.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Like Barry Manilow singing the chicken anthem is gonna convince them? Diesel, just the fact you knew where to find that link is gonna have the opposite effect! *L*

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Guys,

Free goodies ...

(Hope posting this here in "HO" rather than the "Sell/Trade" section is OK.)
To keep the forum somewhat organized, even free stuff should be posted in the Sell / Trade section... On a side note, do you think you could cook me up 87 buckets of chicken? :D

·
16,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boy, oh, boy ... do I feel UN-American today! I did NOT know that Barry Manilow and KFC go hand in hand, right up there with baseball and apple pie. I humbly hang my head in shame!

Other stuff ...

Shaygetz ... the goodies are yours. I received your PM/address, and will send things out.

Boston&Maine ... yeah, sorry about that ... I wasn't sure if FREE stuff should be listed in the Sell/Trade section or not. No worries. Point noted for future reference!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Boy, oh, boy ... do I feel UN-American today! I did NOT know that Barry Manilow and KFC go hand in hand, right up there with baseball and apple pie. I humbly hang my head in shame!

Other stuff ...

Shaygetz ... the goodies are yours. I received your PM/address, and will send things out.

Boston&Maine ... yeah, sorry about that ... I wasn't sure if FREE stuff should be listed in the Sell/Trade section or not. No worries. Point noted for future reference!
Next you'll be saying you didn't know George Washington admitted to being an assassin. *looking away, whistling*

1 - 20 of 32 Posts