Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vive le 14 juillet!
I hope things are going well for them...I really don't know how they have been affected by the protests and the virus.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm playing on my phone at work right now, so I'm busy...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Much of Europe has done ok relative to a slow initial response. I believe most are experiencing localized spikes but not so severe as to need to go back into full shutdown mode, amidst various amounts of reopening. But should a second wave appear we'll see which European nation states have planned best for it.
Meanwhile... MD sees slight increases in cases overall amid increased testing, and about flat positivity rate for a few weeks now. I call this a failure to land the plane.
Several restaurants at the beaches have reshutdown after sickness appeared among them.
It's a numbers game after all. Eventually someone without symptoms walks through your door.
Locally mask wearing remains strong (& required) in stores ... Really even in the parking lot. But not so much in other public spaces even where there appears to be a crowd. Local authorities have said "hey we no like" but it's not clear folks are really paying it mind. I also think many are back at work but have no feel for the mask wearing there. I would gamble it's lax.
My feeling overall is the state would have to come down harder on all this and require more testing to say get to single digits.
I suspect we don't have the moxie to do it and so will slowly build back up to a second bump up.
But it's hard to see it being worse than the first go around since we have resources in place.
In other words we continue to circle the field here and can't close the deal.
My crystal ball clouds....

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
French Republic Pop 67,000,000
Last 7 day avg of new COVID cases : 577 (NYT)
Deaths are down to 16/day from a high of 1341.
I would say that they are doing a world better than the USA. So, that's good for them.

Just thought I would check, since I couldn't get Old Hobo to do it... 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Hey, you’re the one that wanted to know......but I knew you could do it....(y)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Of course they are... All peer countries to us are save Sweden. Now Sweden has a plan kind, it's just doesn't appear to be a very good one...but it's a plan.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
We have a plan. Alas, it isn't working very well if you are trying to avoid the disease. But, it's a plan.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I wouldn't call it a plan. a lack of a plan is not a plan. there is no national plan, no document that explains it etc... we do not have a plan.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
That's the plan!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
We don't have a national plan because there is no way that you would be able to get the governors from all 50 states to agree to it. It is up to each individual state to establish it's own plan. And good luck on getting the mayors and the governors to agree.

So what have the govenors established for the state you live in??.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I live in Pennsylvania. Our governor, Tom Wolf, has maintained a rather even-handed plan. He, early on, ordered the wearing of masks, social distancing, and a stay at home policy. Then, he was the first few governors to close the state. They give us good press conferences, with truthful data that often differs from what the Feds are espousing.

We were slow to open back up, and, when things started to go a little bad again in the re-opening, go green phase, he began re-impleminting restrictions. closing bars and restaurants in high outbreak areas. Overall, he has done quite well, in a terrible situation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts