Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I open this new topic, to present you my collection of photos and videos of the French Railways. If other people are interested, do not hesitate to participate.

To start, here are some photos and a video of the Villefranche Lauragais station. This station is located near Toulouse on the Bordeaux - Toulouse - Marseille - Nice line.
This line is the largest in the south of France, double lane, she sees circulating more than a hundred trains per day.

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Attachments

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Very nice. I always like the modern French railways as they have a interesting combination of historic stations, scenic right of ways and at the same time, modern electric trains.

Thanks for sharing!

Tom

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Nice vid. One thing I do not have is a single european freight or passenger car. this makes my european models when running of which I have exactly two look a little out of place.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
There are several popular dealers in the US that cater to the Euro modeler crowd...as small as that may be.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Beautiful video, a nice variety of trains. Are all French railroads electric?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good evening and thank you all for your messages.

This line is electrified in 1500 Volts like many lines of the south of France. In the northern half of the country and high-speed lines are electrified in 25,000 volts.

Some locomotives are dual voltage. All the network is not electrified but around 65 %.

Here is a map that accurately describes the state of the French network

france_french.jpg

paris-area.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts