Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED:

First round of ebaying is done. i guess i was bound to encounter the standart issue of non paying buyers sooner or later...

i will offer the leftowers here again.

Athearn RTR ACF2970 2 bay covered hopper in Burlington CBnQ Color (the 2 GNs did sell) - 14$ . you will be hard pressed to find these below 20.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
let me see what i can dig up I could use those coal cars and covered hoppers.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
those coal cars are trainman so what parts would I have to buy to get the most finished version or do they come with all the extra detail parts and I just have to aplie them seperatley?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
what exactly do you mean by shaving? yes i would like to make them as realistic as possible where would i get the addon parts?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by shaving i mean you file the cast steps off, drill holes with micro drill and install wire grabs (painting it all later). i thought you knew this since you were talalking about superdetailing. where do you buy them? hobby store :) but seriously you can jus cut and bend your own from steel wire

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Ithought the trainman series you had to buy extra pieces like air tanks and what not to get them to look realistic, is this not the case?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
do the ends of the cars have a lot of detail or just a basic detail?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm all for superdetailing locos and having some cars with details that occur on things like Rapido and Red Caboose, but I seriously wonder how many people walk around a layout and pick up a car to see how detailed it is underneath, especially if it looks pretty good from the top and side.... (not to mention actually runs well on the track) Just my rant, but I would spend my money on making it work well (couplers and wheelsets)....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts