Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
All the time. This is why I don't have a permanent layout.. every couple of months something else tickles my fancy.

But I am somewhat committed now to building this fall, since I actually want to have a layout instead of the temporary stuff I have setup.

Here is a basic track plan, but will be expanded to fit my space and add more features:

layout1.jpg

Second plan is the hidden areas, or shadow stations.

layout2.jpg

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Love your plans tworail. :thumbsup:
What program did you use to draw them up?
Oh, these are courtesy of Marklin Magazin. There is a download section, for the track plans they publish in the magazine.

I like them since they seem to balance operations / realism / scenery very well, not just a bunch of tracks on a board, and the majority of plans are well suited to people with limited space, but big ideas. Like me :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
First off Hello. This is my 1st post.

How are you making those layouts ? Software ?
That is awesome
I'm in the planning phase of my 1st train in 20 years. I don't remember have such nice layouts to work with.

Thanks in advance
:)

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
First off Hello. This is my 1st post.

How are you making those layouts ? Software ?
That is awesome
I'm in the planning phase of my 1st train in 20 years. I don't remember have such nice layouts to work with.

Thanks in advance
:)
Yes, they make software where you can build your own layouts... I got mine in a Ready-to-Run set, but I am sure someone on here will know of a good one where you can buy it straight-up...

Oh, and welcome aboard! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts