become tella-tubbies.

I am wearing out
the hinges on the
fridge door.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ha!
I don't get to sit around and eat. Expendable personnel here, been working the entire time.....selling the very things people are getting fat(ter) on!
Pig out people! Fat is the new thin!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
It's not that i'm eating any different. Our martial arts gym is forced closed (we would rather keep it open through this ploy) and while i try to get some physical load at home with weights and such the brake in schedule is definitely showing. i don't own a scale but i do notice a change - belt fit's much tighter now. there is no way around this

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Been under the stay at home mandate for 7 weeks. Pretty much have watched all of the kings & queens, knights, and Norsemen shows on Netflex. They were a bloody bunch a thousand years ago. They are praying all the time while they are wacking the poor souls head off.

Bill

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Well, you can stay in shape and lose the pounds in other ways than going to the gym....aerobic exercising.....walk, jog, ride a bike, push-ups, squats, jumping jacks, just move.......but ya gotta want to do it.....

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So today I got my work out by preparing seven and a half pounds of potato salad. Yum, yum, is it ever good. Stirring that stuff plum wore me out.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I've maintained my weight in the last month or so. I've been keeping to my potato chips and ice cream diet.
I get my exercise walking back and forth between the attic train room and the basement workshop.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've maintained my weight in the last month or so. I've been keeping to my potato chips and ice cream diet.
I get my exercise walking back and forth between the attic train room and the basement workshop.
Next project should be a dumbwaiter.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's because he lives in a sub-zero climate most of the year. It may even be too cold for the corona up there in the great white north.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Good for you. I once read the 100 activities that burn the most calories. Running up steps was # 1 on the list. Surprisingly, Running down steps was # 8. The effort to control the decent. And if they're burning the most calories they have to be rigorous and strengthening.

I can attest to running up and down steps for conditioning. We'd run up and down for half an hour each practice training for the HS state wrestling championships.

But I doubt running down steps does me much good. To this day, I can "skate" down the edges of steps, barely touching them.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
It's because he lives in a sub-zero climate most of the year. It may even be too cold for the corona up there in the great white north.
Actually, its been very nice here the last couple of weeks......weather-wise, that is.....snow is all gone, buds coming out on the trees, lawns starting to green up....

As for covid19, well, no laughing matter there. My province (Alberta; pop. 4.41 million) has 5,355 cases, 2,161 recovered, and 89 deaths....over 53,000 cases in all of Canada (pop. 37.7 million) 3,184 deaths..... how're your numbers?

And wasn't heat supposed to stop the virus, not the cold.....well, that's what I once heard from a guy with a pretty good "you know what"..... ;)

Anyway, I've always thought ice cold corona (the beer) was pretty good.....

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Without getting into politics or naming someone whose name must not be spoken, we are being led by the nose into oblivion. Unfortunately, like the 1918 virus, we stand ready to repeat history. When the 1918 virus returned for a second wave, it killed ten times more people than the first wave. I do not understand why people who are seemingly regular folks are ready and chomping at the bit to "return to normal". I think they are heading for certain disaster. I live in a region that only has about 100 cases with 2 deaths thus far.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I try to put myself in the shoes of a person or family that DON'T have the resources to get through this unaided.
I'm sure most of us can remember a time when the weekly paycheck was already spent or earmarked before we got it.
It's a blessing that there are holidays from evictions, utility shutoffs, etc. Food banks are being stressed to the max, but I suspect that a few recipients could get by just fine without the aid. (different issue) Unemployment with it's $600 bonus is a great help, but a large number of workers who are in a contractor status can't avail themselves of it.
OK, too wordy, but there are folks who really need to work. And a LOT of folks who distrust the science and the government and are convinced that this is just a bad flu. They want to go back to work!
My problem is the effect that adding these trillions of dollars to the debt will have in the future.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Unemployment with it's $600 bonus is a great help, but a large number of workers who are in a contractor status can't avail themselves of it.
I agree except for the above. The stimulus bill was updated to include self employed. Also, many self employed individuals don't submit UI payments to their state. If they did, they would have been covered.

Which brings me to my pet peeve: Many self employed individuals and "cash" business owners skirt their tax obligations by under reporting income (I know one that reports no income but drives a Mercedes). And they must manage their "public" funds (bank accounts, etc) to avoid suspicion thus limiting their ability to invest, save for retirement, IRA, etc. And since they report limited income their social security is virtually nil when they get old. All they think about is money in their pocket now. They're going to get a big surprise later in life.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts