Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 16x2' shelf layout with a 12' extension for a storage yard. Been building it since spring of 2019. Not based on any prototype but it's inspired by all the industrial spurs around Los Angeles(that are now mostly abandoned). I drive to see a client once a month in Vernon and enjoy seeing all the old rail served warehouses.

I've built most of the turnouts using a #6 fasttracks jig and control the turnouts with servos. TamValleyDepot provides the servo controls and decoders. I'm using an old mac mini to run JMRI and a WiThrottle server.

I use a mac program called Switch List to generate... switch lists. Love the program for making realistic operations on the layout.
Transport Scale model Train Railroad car Railway

Wall Room Architecture Ceiling Floor

Ceiling Wall Architecture Room Floor

Wood Hardwood Plywood Room Floor

Tool Machine Metal

Transport Track Railway Scale model Train

Transport Railway Train Scale model Rolling stock

Transport Railway Train Track Locomotive

Text Line Pattern Design Parallel

· Registered
2,290 Posts
Good looking switching layout. Lots of activity possible.

Looks like you've got a good handle on everything with your switch programming and handlaid switches. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some of your pics make me feel like I'm standing there along the tracks. :thumbsup:

Keep pics coming.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got asked on another site how I lit my layout. Figured I'd post it here too. It's some LED strip fixtures I got from Amazon. You can daisy chain them but I've just got them plugged into a power strip that turns on with an Alexa command. Works really well. Ceiling Room Building Floor Interior design

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.