Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 16x2' shelf layout with a 12' extension for a storage yard. Been building it since spring of 2019. Not based on any prototype but it's inspired by all the industrial spurs around Los Angeles(that are now mostly abandoned). I drive to see a client once a month in Vernon and enjoy seeing all the old rail served warehouses.

I've built most of the turnouts using a #6 fasttracks jig and control the turnouts with servos. TamValleyDepot provides the servo controls and decoders. I'm using an old mac mini to run JMRI and a WiThrottle server.

I use a mac program called Switch List to generate... switch lists. Love the program for making realistic operations on the layout.
IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_7222.JPG

IMG_7232.JPG

IMG_9939.jpg

Final Plan.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Filled in missing ties and painted the track. I love the quicksticks from FastTracks and now they look much better with railroad tie brown on them.

IMG_0201.jpg

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Good looking switching layout. Lots of activity possible.

Looks like you've got a good handle on everything with your switch programming and handlaid switches. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some of your pics make me feel like I'm standing there along the tracks. :thumbsup:

Keep pics coming.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's tax season. The wonderful time of year where all I do is work. But at least I snuck out to take a couple pictures the other night.

B169386E-737C-495C-8001-22E4F86B1C63.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got asked on another site how I lit my layout. Figured I'd post it here too. It's some LED strip fixtures I got from Amazon. You can daisy chain them but I've just got them plugged into a power strip that turns on with an Alexa command. Works really well. IMG_0348.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts