Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am in search gardening related acsesories, mostly tools like rakes and shovels for a project of mine. The centre of the project is a 15mm scale model so I was looking for tools that would fit him. I figured a model train related company might have a product that fits the bill, but as I have no experience with model trains specificaly I thought you guys might be able to help me. Is there such a set? It doesn't need to exactly in 15mm scale (1/120) as the model in question is somewhat cartoony in nature.
Thank you.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
That is TT scale and is 12mm track width. It is also HOm, or Swiss meter gauge.

Your accessories would likely be found on web shops that sell European railroading products.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Hello. I am in search gardening related acsesories, mostly tools like rakes and shovels for a project of mine. The centre of the project is a 15mm scale model so I was looking for tools that would fit him. I figured a model train related company might have a product that fits the bill, but as I have no experience with model trains specificaly I thought you guys might be able to help me. Is there such a set? It doesn't need to exactly in 15mm scale (1/120) as the model in question is somewhat cartoony in nature.
Thank you.
PowerElephant;

The German company Preiser makes many cast plastic human figures in all the common model railroad scales. One of their sets of figures includes shovels, rakes, etc.
The TT scale, 1/120th, that MichaelE mentioned is one that is far less popular than most other model train scales, so there may not be many accessories available in that particular size. The closest scales larger and smaller that TT are HO-scale, 1/87th, and N-scale, 1/160th. Both are very popular, and have a wide variety of accessories available. You can see just about anything made for model trains at www.walthers.com I have not seen garden tools sold separately, only as part of some Preiser figure sets. These sets are available in HO-scale and N-scale, along with other scales .

Good Luck;

Traction Fan 🙂

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
After looking through 1K items in TT scale I found nothing except these figures with gardening tools:

Noch 45116 Gauge TT Caretakers, 6 figures modellbahnshop-lippe.com

If ModellBahnShoppe-Lippe doesn't have it or can't order it I'm not sure it's out there.

I looked through Heki, Busch, Faller, and other manufacturer's products and found nothing in gardening tools.

MSL can have it on your doorstep in four days with no Customs delays. Shipping is flat rate to the States at €24.95 ($30).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts