Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
German steam locomotives in regular freight and passenger service in der Schwartzwald (Black Forest) in 1974.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
German steam locomotives in regular freight and passenger service in der Schwartzwald (Black Forest) in 1974.

Can anyone fix this link mess? I don't know why it is so difficult to post a video here.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,524 Posts
Is this the one?

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,524 Posts
Here you go, this is it?

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,524 Posts
your link said, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=637&v=4CbN_sgf_h8

I searched for it and got this link,://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbN_sgf_h8

I took out the HTTPS in mine or else the video comes up.
Your link says watch?time_continue=637& in it. That is what is making it not show.
All I did was search you tube, found the video and copy and pasted the link.
Don't use the you tube icon.
I don't know how the part in red above got into your link?
The time_continue didn't come up in my search.
Edit, the c in your link comes up as continue when you read the link in you tube, the one you posted.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for fixing it. That is the video.

Amazing that the Germans were using steam that late. I don't recall if I ever saw a steam engine when I was there in the late 60's. I'm sure I would have remembered it if I had.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In western Germany the Steam Era was over in 1978 only Museums doing Steam Excursions from time to time.

In Eastern Germany onto the Terretory of the former GDR the DR -> Deutsche Reichsbahn used steam locos until its re-union with the western DB -> Deutsche Bundesbahn into the new Stockholder Company DB AG -> Deutsche Bahn in end of January 1993.
All other former DR Steam RRs became tourist RRs, most of them are Narrow Gauge RRs and are still in use daily.
The federal state of saxony gives lot of money to re-build before abdoned Narrow Gauge RR Lines, most of them using steam engines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts