Model Train Forum banner

1 - 40 of 7403 Posts

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Sorry, I haven't bought anything new in eons...I prefer box lots, yard sales and flea markets for my hobby shopping.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just ordered the Thomas, James, Henry and Percy trains from Plaza Japan. I don't have it yet, it's still on its way from Japan.

Our friend Josh carries all the B'mann HO scale Thomas, but not the N scale Tomix. In a way I'm not surprised. Very few American suppliers import Tomix, and I don't know of any who actually have Thomas in stock at the moment.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just ordered in 4 LED lighting kits for the heighvyweight cars that I have. I'm looking forward to putting them in, and since their battery powered, I didn't have to worry about swapping out trucks with electrical pick ups. I'll post pictures once I have them in place.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
9 Posts
My uncle brought me some stuff last weekend, A CP F-M Train Master and Really highly Detailed Cargill Tank car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I recently got some #4 and #6 switches and a couple girders.

I'm trying to get rid of all the snap switches excpt for maybe a few in the yard, and I'm trying to make it all #6s on the mains to run whatever I want.

Enough of these 4-axle babies :laugh:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I won this today. Not a bad price.

I've been watching this, but I can already see it's gonna be outta my range :rippedhand:. Ehh, good for the seller. I'm a cheap bastid :D

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So with the revenue I got from selling a couple items on eBay I bought another Lionel Standard O boxcar...
This finally came in yesterday... It is just like my other MTH Premier UP 50' double door boxcar, except much more detailed, LOL... It is so cool being able to open up the end doors on this car :cool:

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Holy cow, that is just amazing! Where on earth do you find all of these great deals; share or ban :p
Connections man, connections.:rolleyes::D I've got yard salers that cruise the country for me and give me a ring whenever they come across deals like this. These were found in a barn hayloft in Maryland and were free for the asking. Some nice pieces include a Black & Decker box car, a Campbell's Soup caboose and a Tyco auto rack with the hard to find Camaro load.

·
Registered
761 Posts
:eek:Free!!, now thats what I call a steal, I mean a deal..lol:cool: I got some new stuff, nothing speacial, I need to take pics. Right now I need to buy a digital camera..like soon. Cause I don't think my mom is liking me borrowing it all the time:D:laugh: Plus I can Railfan and make videos and post them on youtube:D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hmm, let see .. :D

Some vintage Marklin stuff, a couple sets and a some track and switches, since I was contemplating building a small analog layout.

Also scored some pieces missing from my LGB collection including a 2046 Furka Oberalp rack loco (been looking for one of these for quite a while now), a 3070 Deutsche Bundesbahn coach to replace the one I got a while ago from eBay that had a mouse living in it at some point and wrecked it, as well as a 3163 Zillertalbahn coach to complement the 3164 I have.

I'll post some pics soon!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Super Chiefs rock; I love that warbonnet paint scheme Santa Fe had :smilie_daumenpos:
um er welllllll it is not THAT Super chief LOL. It is the DCC controller for a company called Digitrax.

Here is a link to what I have
http://www.digitrax.com/prd_sc_set.php

I hope that clears things up for you :)

And yes I like Santa fes Chief too [the F unit one] :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
!!!OK I got some new stuff...well it's old but new to me :D I was at work one day and a regular customer came to me with a box of old railroad stuff from a garage sale he was at. I posted a bunch of pics in the photo gallery. I was suppose to post the pics yesterday but had to get use to my new camera :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes all the locos work with some maintence needed. The truck in the back.. I don't know what it is..It is remote-controlled..It was made by a brand called Ruff 'n' Tuff..cheap plastic too..

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Yard Master & Research
10,430 Posts
Sniping well there's pros and cons. For one they drive up the price. you can prevent it. I keep a high ceiling on a wanted item. The last second guy never bids enough. One item i saved by 18 cents.If an item is underpriced I bid with a few minutes left to feel out the ceiling. I sometimes bid on no bid items and let it ride. Those tend to get sniped but I won't pay more. Trains are never scarce on ebay. Too bad you don't know the bidders that tells you a lot. The low number guys always overbid. I tend to shy away from those. Because of the large number of items they do peak close to the end anyway. Congrats on the item!

1 - 40 of 7403 Posts