Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 7418 Posts

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Holy cow, that is just amazing! Where on earth do you find all of these great deals; share or ban :p
Connections man, connections.:rolleyes::D I've got yard salers that cruise the country for me and give me a ring whenever they come across deals like this. These were found in a barn hayloft in Maryland and were free for the asking. Some nice pieces include a Black & Decker box car, a Campbell's Soup caboose and a Tyco auto rack with the hard to find Camaro load.

·
Registered
761 Posts
:eek:Free!!, now thats what I call a steal, I mean a deal..lol:cool: I got some new stuff, nothing speacial, I need to take pics. Right now I need to buy a digital camera..like soon. Cause I don't think my mom is liking me borrowing it all the time:D:laugh: Plus I can Railfan and make videos and post them on youtube:D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hmm, let see .. :D

Some vintage Marklin stuff, a couple sets and a some track and switches, since I was contemplating building a small analog layout.

Also scored some pieces missing from my LGB collection including a 2046 Furka Oberalp rack loco (been looking for one of these for quite a while now), a 3070 Deutsche Bundesbahn coach to replace the one I got a while ago from eBay that had a mouse living in it at some point and wrecked it, as well as a 3163 Zillertalbahn coach to complement the 3164 I have.

I'll post some pics soon!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Super Chiefs rock; I love that warbonnet paint scheme Santa Fe had :smilie_daumenpos:
um er welllllll it is not THAT Super chief LOL. It is the DCC controller for a company called Digitrax.

Here is a link to what I have
http://www.digitrax.com/prd_sc_set.php

I hope that clears things up for you :)

And yes I like Santa fes Chief too [the F unit one] :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
!!!OK I got some new stuff...well it's old but new to me :D I was at work one day and a regular customer came to me with a box of old railroad stuff from a garage sale he was at. I posted a bunch of pics in the photo gallery. I was suppose to post the pics yesterday but had to get use to my new camera :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes all the locos work with some maintence needed. The truck in the back.. I don't know what it is..It is remote-controlled..It was made by a brand called Ruff 'n' Tuff..cheap plastic too..

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Yard Master & Research
10,576 Posts
Sniping well there's pros and cons. For one they drive up the price. you can prevent it. I keep a high ceiling on a wanted item. The last second guy never bids enough. One item i saved by 18 cents.If an item is underpriced I bid with a few minutes left to feel out the ceiling. I sometimes bid on no bid items and let it ride. Those tend to get sniped but I won't pay more. Trains are never scarce on ebay. Too bad you don't know the bidders that tells you a lot. The low number guys always overbid. I tend to shy away from those. Because of the large number of items they do peak close to the end anyway. Congrats on the item!

21 - 40 of 7418 Posts