Model Train Forum banner

7381 - 7400 of 7418 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just got these Tyco/Mantua 1860s Passenger cars. They were in the Tyco 1963 catalog for $3.98 each. I paid $3.00 each.

The horn hook couplers are riveted on, so I just swapped out the truck on the combine to be able to run it on my knuckle equipped locos. I'll paint the other trucks to match soon. And since the road name is fictitious, I may paint them up to match that UP 4-4-OH.

Not a bad buy.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I purchased two BLI SD70ACE's in N scale. Hope to pick them up tomorrow. Will get pictures and let you know how they run. Have to clean 5 months of dirt off the track first, may take a day or two. lol

·
Registered
721 Posts
Found on ebay cheap.
Needed Kadee #148's, and I had to replace the coupler box "bottoms" on it with the ones from the Kadee pkg.
Looks good enough for these old eyes!
PRR RxyExp.JPG

·
Registered
721 Posts
Krieglock wrote:
"Is that an Athearn model or possibly a Roundhouse kit?"

It's definitely not Athearn, and I don't think it's a Roundhouse either, because I have at least one old Roundhouse express reefer and it's different from this one. Better details.

This model is actually "on the crude side" -- look at the giant screws holding the coupler plate in place (you have to enlarge to full size to see them). And the doors aren't well represented, just hinges and the center latch to show where they'd be.

The trucks had "extensions" on them where a coupler might be mounted, I just cut them off. It looks like the manufacturer of this model once had used truck-mounted couplers, but at some point modified their frame to include coupler boxes.

Not fancy in any way, but looks "good enough" on the train table for my old eyes!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I am not an O-gauge collector, but my wife n gf got me this special car I am extremely ecstatic over.
View attachment 520300
"Oh, Luuuuucyyyyyyyyyy! You have some 'splaining to do!" (The old guys here will know where that comes from.) :eek: :confused:

·
Registered
559 Posts
next year ill have stuff under the tree since im getting into the hobby.

i got a mess of 1940s-1960s o gauge from a friend that were her fathers. sifting through it there is some neat stuff. well to me. track wrapped in newspaper ...newspaper dated 1985 and while you can use old newspapers..she told me he wrapped it all up with new ones so been sitting some time

mint water tower... dual lights..other accessories...
houses apart and on inside of post office said 1952. its the snap together and is apart.
2x lionel bridges....3x 022 tracks complete!!!...1 manual style 022 then the + track. few x tracks. few of those tracks witht 5 rails with 2 button controller... tons of rusted track

and i just pulled these out and a pic of my testing area

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
guy on CL selling lots of stuff. he had these there. coal loader has issues. just took it apart and it was rusted so wouldnt spin. broke it free and works but belt needs to be replaced...
tore it apart. need to order a new belt and full shaft kit. was rusted together. broke it free but its beat.

·
Registered
559 Posts
so did my layout on the basement carpet. know what im gonna do.

got my new coal loader belt in and new entire shaft assembly. all installed and working!!!!

im diggin the "coal" train idea. I just bought this on ebay for $58... now the wait.
gonna tear my setup apart and build a table and reconstruct it.

1 pic of 497 coal station and 1 of my layout...

Attachments

7381 - 7400 of 7418 Posts