7401 - 7420 of 7435 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kato

I just picked up my second Kato unit. GG1 Penn Central. A good runner. What should I pull with it? Passenger or freight?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just added a swimming pool to my HO layout. I had it sitting around from a motel kit I had gotten a while ago. but I didn't have enough room for the motel and the pool. As it turns out I had a small space in a corner of the layout which in real life would be to small an area for a public pool, but in HO land the codes are a little more lax. Here's a picture of the finished product.
HO pool.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm modelling the Bessemer & Lake Erie... found a Broadway Limited C&O T1 2-10-4 Unlettered HO scale steam locomotive DCC Quantum... Put B&LE #618 on it, not the perfect scale model, but " close enough for government work"... The covers on the top are a different configuration... Still have to add the "dog house " on the tender.
C&O BLE.jpg
B&LE 643.jpg
20200523_112806.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I'm always buying new or like-new LGB locomotives for installing a DC/DCC Sound/Driving Decoder for resell. The latest buying I made on eBay was a brand-new LGB 25570 F7A Penn Diesel. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to just install a Phoenix PB17 DC/DCC Sound Decoder or remove the main circuit board and replace it with either an ESU or Massoth DC/DCC Sound/Driving Decoder. I have several customer locomotives in rework que right now, so the new F7A will have to wait its turn.

Thomas White
Website: LGB Trains - Old Dominion Railways | LGB Trains Repair | United States
McLean VA

7401 - 7420 of 7435 Posts