Model Train Forum banner

7421 - 7440 of 7456 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have been neglecting this great forum. Let's see if I can remember how to post photos of my covid purchases... Right then, now to label:
A fine Artitec / Roco custom model from a newly discovered eBay seller. Prices are a bit steep but will negotiate. After receiving, I feel the prices are well worth it and the models are exquisite.

Father's day gift I've been after this model some time.

Was a killer price and given the ok to order with railcar. When I received I realized my mistake and had to run out and buy an esu loksound5 and speaker as my layout is dcc.

Another from my new ebay contact. The weathering is phenomenal though I contemplate adding a mesh tarp to partially cover load

Another from the same ebay seller.

I occasionally browse a saved search for European locomotives with sound and came across this. I messaged the seller asking if it had a smoke unit and though it did not, the seller sent me an offer 150 gbp less than list. I could not resist. I have been after this unit for years!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like those two coaches. I primarilymodel German but have been eyeing the scale trains sd40-3. Nice loco, but had no clue what I'dever use it for. I contemplated Tropicana train but very expensive.
I love Marklin HO trains, I had a very small starter set growing up, back then Marklin was costly probably because of importing fees, ironically, now they're less expensive then a lot of American brands

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love Marklin HO trains, I had a very small starter set growing up, back then Marklin was costly probably because of importing fees, ironically, now they're less expensive then a lot of American brands
I collect the DC models, some imo are very expensive compared to American, but also highly detailed and premium sound systems. I've got about 20 steam locos retailed at over $10,000

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice! I have a rake of 7 LMS coaches in OO. I'm waiting on the Bachmann "unnamed warrior"? I think LMS dcc sound loco to be released. It looks lovely
These 3 go with a rake of 4 Bachmann I was given with a box full of stuff. I have a 4-6-2 I got off Ebay to pull them. I'm going to paint them all gloss black with the windows flat black to create a long black train.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I completely lucked out, you saw my prev post image of the CSX MOW U18B# 9505, well just bought 2 CSX cabooses off ebay and one of them was this beauty for a total of price of $24.67 with shipping for the 2.... Never thought I would get to make a set !

7421 - 7440 of 7456 Posts