Model Train Forum banner

7481 - 7500 of 7516 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
We were at our local hobby shop yesterday and picked up this Bachmann N scale starter set. It's a nice little Durango and Silverton 0-6-0 with passenger cars. I'll be using it for the indoor garden railroad I'd talked about a while back. I decided the E-Z Track would be best for setting it on dirt. It was recommend I use this style of track, thank you. I think this will look real good making it's way through living plants. It also has the added bonus of being small enough to set up on the table in our apartment so at least I can run a train now and then to get the desire tamped down for a bit.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi all. As mentioned in a previous post I also collect Swiss and French models.
Here are my latest , 3, Rivarossi 231 E of the French Railways in H0 scale.
Black and Green versions are from the nationalised SNCF era but the brown version is the original from the NORD railway. These are known as "Chapelon Super Pacifics " after the great steam loco designer Andre Chapelon.
Note the valve gear which is unusual in having Oscillating cam valves hence the connection to the middle of the cylinders.

Also recently purchased are a PRR 2-10-0 and NYC Hudson with Centipede tender both by Broadway Limited.

Regards, Colin.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Just bought a Jordan Spreader, PRR refrigerator car, PRR 200-ton crane, spectrum 2-8-0 shell to cannibalize for parts and a new PRR "buy war bonds" N-5 caboose to add to my ever growing PRR layoutless rolling stock o_O

·
Registered
491 Posts
Several Tangents 86’ boxcars...GT, CSX, PC, and NYC.......about a year ago I found some old athearn 86’ boxcars. I snapped them up, as I figured I’d never see 86’ boxcars again, and of course Tangent releases them....

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Just added a PRR blacksmithing car to my MoW crew... I need serious help!

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Been awhile since I last was here, still in the hobby....53 years now...welcomed a Mantua Big Six and Mikado to my layout for $10 each. They cleaned up well and run well too. The Mike has four flanged drivers, normally the middle two are blind (flangeless). The A&P logo was a custom decal made for this road, owned by a late modeler.whose estate this came from. The boiler was badly peeling, so I painted it.

The Big Six from the same estate gave me a fit with a persistent short. Figured out that the motor was making contact with the boiler, so I lined the inside with electrical tape. That fixed it proper but, in keeping with my usual policy for keeping models in "as played with" condition I did not repaint it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
A whole box of fun arrived recently.

You can see it all here...
... but the jems of the batch are these two coil cars.

Not sure of the brand (Athearn or Roundhouse?) but cheap coil cars are hard to come by and these are even in one of my top two favorite roads. They even came with KD's installed already!

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,338 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice to make train forum acquaintance shaygetz!
My first eBay model train purchase arrived this week, my buddy and I each bought a set, with shipping included $63 Cdn. I couldn’t pass that up for cars that are wanted in my future setup. One truck was missing a pin....so that upset us a tiny bit, but it can be fixed.

7481 - 7500 of 7516 Posts