Model Train Forum banner

7501 - 7516 of 7516 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
As I’ve recently moved to NC thinking about getting a Legacy Norfolk and Southern GE DASH 9-44CW thoughts about this locomotive. Goal is Legacy, NS and a good lookin train.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Picked up some POW & MIA memorial HO scale set at the train show yesterday. Was sort of bummed this and a NE Patriots train set was the only HO scale stuff for sale. It was all standard gauge and O gauge stuff...

Just purchased the A unit on ebay a few minutes ago... Just need the caboose now...

20210329_130449.jpg
20210329_130455.jpg

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Always liked those Bradford Exchange sets, some are beautifully done...others...not so much. I was glad to see that the power units are flywheel equipped. Careful with the boxes, that styrofoam will etch the car sides.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Bachmann EMD FT set. Both NIB, from different fleabay sellers.

Found them in Bachmann's 2004 catalog. DCC & DCC-ready.

Off with their heads shells.

Brought in the 200 ton crane and easily lifted out the motors.

·
Registered
668 Posts

Ever since I picked up this Aristocraft Ten-Wheeler I've looked for an appropriate train for her to pull. Then I saw the Roundhouse Old-time passenger cars with the gilt all over them and knew that was it. I have one more sleeper waiting on trucks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mock up for layout extension with Bachmann and Model Power Pre-built up models. Mostly off Ebay...just need to add some weathering and good to go...

1st pic (taken prior to getting models) is actual track plan and pix after will be for the top left 2 squares where the styrofoam rectangle is to the left of the freight house....each square is 1 square foot.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just received these this morning from pjstrainshack.com, built and painted/weathered. Very reasonable rates...
Below are Walthers Bud's Trucking Company Background building and Walthers Cornerstone Row House

(Steps for rear still need to be attached)

·
Registered
549 Posts
This came in from eBay this week. I was looking at N scale general stores for a whistle stop. There were many duplicates with all priced about the same. Then this came through and was unique. I was debating with myself about it when the seller sent me a discount offer. Okay, I'll take it.

I'm thinking the main floor will be the general store, the top floor will be rooms for rent, and the side building will be a café. I thought I'd build a depot platform and raise the structure to match.

For now, though, it's going to get tucked away to wait it's turn in the line of projects.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Cool! I had a few of those kits as a teenager. I could never get them together to run right. They were good kits but I was a poor train builder...

Tom

Reactions: BobT

·
Registered
549 Posts
The cars placed end to end are for a garden train I want to make. Starting at the front are two water tank cars, the long gondola will be the compost car, the next 5 gondolas I'm going to cover with clear "glass" to be green houses, then comes the supply boxcar, the livestock car, the refer car, and finally the store/crew quarters car (store on bottom, crew on top). The passenger car I got off ebay for $13.80 including shipping. The rest of the cars I pickup for $1 each from a guy I found on craigslist.
It's all being supervised by Rosie the Wonder Dog. She's so old it's a wonder she's still alive.

My wife went with me and picked out the engine for $10, the cars in the boxes for $2 each and the rest for a $1 each. It's nice to have a loving partner in crime.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Nice haul! Cars look pretty good. The old time coaches in the boxes look interesting.

Cute senior pup. She looks like she is missing an eye. She’s a good girl not attacking the trains!

Tom

7501 - 7516 of 7516 Posts