Model Train Forum banner

7521 - 7537 of 7537 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Some recent purchases in H0m scale ( H0 scale on 12mm track)

Top Bemo G4/5 ( 2-8-0) Tender loco with bulk cement wagon. Both of the Rhätische Bahn ( RhB) Switzerland.

Lower Zeuke 0-10-0 Tank loco of the old East German Railway ( DR) with transporter wagon transporting H0 wagon over H0m tracks. Model made in the old East Germany and supposed to be rare but I have three of them including a set with loco and three coaches , boxed.
Colin.

·
Registered
449 Posts

On my 1920's British OO layout, added this Bachmann Class 3200 Duke Dog by Bachmann. A beautiful piece that runs like a dream. I've had some issues with Bachmann in times past, but this piece received a solid rating from Sam's Model Train Review. I paid a lot, and paid again a lot for shipping, but worth it, entirely.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Great looking equipment there guys.

The German narrow gauge is interesting. I never knew it was made.

OO always a favorite of mine. My first OO engines and wagons were Bachman Branchline. I have purchased more since then. The Duke Dog was one of my latest purchases too...

Tom

·
Registered
204 Posts
The German narrow gauge is interesting. I never knew it was made.
Narrow Gauge is popular in Europe in H0m and H0e scales. ( 12mm and 9mm gauge to H0 scale)
Here are some more recent arrivals - the little 0-6-0 and mine cars only arrived this morning !

Top, 0-6-0 Tank loco by Zeuke.
Zeuke is still available but not the original models in my earlier photo which date back to the 60s.
This loco is new and is fairly common and is made now by Tillig who also make Track and TT gauge items.
The wagon is standard gauge by Sachsenmodell ( Old East German) with dummy Roco loco on 12mm transporter bogies by Bemo.
The lower set is by Roco and is probably 40 years old. These model are still available.
Here is the set in it's box.

Colin.

·
Registered
34 Posts
New Guy here Just found a Flying Scotsman train set from 1976 - had the old battery transformer books track - it runs like a bear - unusual set - Had a nice level crossing plate - platform - I was happy to get it at the price I paid - I spent less than what a weeks worth of cancer sticks cost me - Now the level crossing is in brown hard color to find one post missing and plate that goes on track was missing - I've got a guy in Canada looking for me he deals in Hornby stuff Here are the photos
2 (2).jpg
2.jpg

·
Registered
449 Posts
That is a fine, fine vintage Hornby set. I adore that old British stuff. Built for five life times. I see all metal Triang crossings of that vintage all the time on eBay, not too expensive, either. That Euro narrow gauge has me breaking out in a sweat. In Europe, as is well known, space is at a premium, so it goes to figure that those fine narrow gauge pieces would be in high demand.

I sold a pile of AHM and Tyco duplicates, and a few BB's on FeeBay. After all the fees for the "free listings:" I turned around and bought up some of these sweeties from Hornby. I only buy British when I see Sam's Trains Review, as he is unpaid and unbiased. And these things are amazing in every regard. BTW, if you are USA, shipping is currently free for orders over $70 and no VAT, so they are really quite affordable. The quality of these reviewed units is beyond exceptional.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Nice stuff there guys.

Southern, the LNER carriages were natural Teakwood. That gave them their brown color. Great set.

Chops, wonderful engines. I love those 4-4-0 locomotives!

Railhead, nice Tropicana collection. I have four of the modern reefers they used in their Orange Juice train service. They came in a set with a PC E44 locomotive, from MTH.

I used to see the Tropicana Train arrive everyday at their old terminal in Kearny NJ...

Tom

·
Registered
34 Posts
Chops Nice train - I would be happy to find someone I could buy from in England with fair prices - eBay some of them are out of hand with shipping. I got hooked on these - the photo of the Blue one the guy had it listed as a Hornby Made in England when I got it - to my surprise it was made in Lima Italy - I never said anything to the guy - I ran it on the track and I was hooked on these trains The shell is a Green in photo below is a Albert hall and I got that a month ago here local flee market for $5.00 needs a cleaning on rods and wheels need to find tender for it .

Tom - thank you for letting me know on the carriages [ teak ] I have been so busy they are still sitting on the kitchen island when I posted the other day - I have trains all over the house

Over all I like my Rivarossi and Marklin - The GT Brit trains are great - I'm going to build a small country side layout short run England / Scotland farm and few buildings If I don't respond right away it is because I get busy with restorations - Enjoy the rest of the weekend
2 (2).jpg
2.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Morning Chops
Very nice [ Classical Music was a nice touch ] I signed up for a youtube account and have had zero time to to make a Vid. Looking forward to getting them put together

Answer your question I'm on the Space Coast In Florida [ NASA } area - we get a mix of culture and idea's settling down here a wide range of trains make their way down here - which is awesome
Have a great day
Ride The Rails
AKA "Charlie"

·
Registered
34 Posts
A week's worth of smokes today is like a house payment...you sure those trains are worth it?😁🤪👍
Thank goodness I'm in Florida 😎 I won't get started on a political rant $$ on here - just living the dream down here in Florida Fair prices and good folks - Oh course we have to teach the Newbees that move down here from Snow Country how to live - they catch on after a while 🤣😁I'm Ex New Yorker🤩🥳🤣😎dual stater since I was just a pup. Living the dream
Ride The Rails

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Proto 2000 (blue box) E6 A-B-A set. I didn't unbox the other A unit because they really were "new".

That's going to be more than 3' of motive power.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts

Given to me by a modeling friend...doesn't fit his evolving operational desires. A modern Athearn Ready To Run series GP40(?), DCC ready. Who am I to deny food and shelter to unwanted toys?

7521 - 7537 of 7537 Posts