Model Train Forum banner

121 - 140 of 7418 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
10,552 Posts
Mister Bob,good find. The weather here is still a little brisk for outdoor fun.I have yet to find any snap track at a sale around here.:eek:hwell:

Oh, BC I am sure the Lionel HO dates to the early 80's. Johhnny Cash Advert era. Your motor isn't that great, it has the small grear, so try not to rip it off the armature when you bench test it. It' called a Power Torque motor.
The nice thing is that you have a fancier front with a lamp too!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well, the older, the more rare it is.. I like rare stuff. :D

I'm not to familliar with Johhny..though his music is great. :p

The motor looks fine...I bet it needs some cleaning..and probably has sat around for years. Ya I noticed the front lamp is mounter on the top tip end. And the handrails give it a nice look. :)

Cheers.
Colin.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got my fathers old trains form my sister. I have not opened them yet, she say they are overland model, & pacific fast mail. Hve any of you heared of these before?

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
I just got my fathers old trains form my sister. I have not opened them yet, she say they are overland model, & pacific fast mail. Hve any of you heared of these before?
You may have some serious pieces there, Lurch. PFM has been out of business for quite some time. Overland is still around, both specialize in limited run brass, PFM usually less than 300 pieces per model, Overland sometimes goes as low as 50. You really want to research what you have before you consider selling or taking any offers.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Overland is a quality product line. Congrats. If you don't want them I just may be able to find a place in he layout for them. But, you might have to twist my arm to take them...lol

As I mentioned earlier I finally received the depot. In addition, I bought a MoW rail cleaning car. It is missing a chimney, but I have the fix in the parts box. Scoping a deal on some more G-scale track. Hopefully.......

Bob

·
Yard Master & Research
10,552 Posts
HO

Fresh from the train show. A used Rivarossi 2-8-4.The gentleman said it didn't work well. I got it for 25, cleaned the wheels and bench tested at full throttle. Something was up but after 30 seconds it came to life. I guess it just needed to be run.

history

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I've been trying to locate a deal like that. The Pere Marquette Berkshire is a part of the big "real train" show this summer in Alpena, Michigan. I helped to restore a sister Berkshire, the NKP 765.

Great find. If you ever want to divest of that engine, I'm your first contact.

Bob

·
Registered
761 Posts
I got some stuff today.

I got another BN caboose, but this one is weathered. :cool:

I got another CP caboose.

I got this real looking caboose with sepreate grab handrails..which is so cool. :D

I got a second Alco, this time it's powered. :rolleyes:
This one is slightly different from the dummy. it has a front number board and has a fan that spins along with the motor.:thumbsup:

·
Yard Master & Research
10,552 Posts
BC I like those grab rails. I have never seen wire ones before but it gets me thinking. It is a nice detail.Enjoy the AA unit.The Canadian Pacific is a cool logo.:cool:

Thanks for the comments on the Berkshire, if I get to run the engine other than a small circle I will try a quick video.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ya I think it's sweet. The top is not attached to the shell, so I was thinking maybe I could put something in it..maybe light it up.....I need to add a weight to it as well.

The AA unit is cool too, I wanna get a B unit for that cool look.
Oh forgot to mention I also bought a hand full of parts..and stuff. Like wheels, couplers, rails, horns and other misc stuff.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Is it a Proto 2000? I am putting together a couple of passenger trains for a group. The road is to be CP. One of the member is from Toronto. Actually two trains. There are 24 members and a 24 car passenger train would be a MONSTER!!

Using Alcos or E8's on the diesel consist. The other unit will be steam. Gotta love the Alco's though.

Good catch.

Bob

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Oh, boy, am I going to be in trouble now. I just ordered (4)Paragon2 NYC J1e/d Hudsons with Synchronized Smoke and Sound from Factory Direct Trains. On sale now so, what the heck. The NYC part of the layout should just about be complete except for a few more diesels. I'd like to get a couple of more C's, and the rest of the Broadway Limited.

Now to concentrate on the Wabash, Monon, C&O, and NKP.

Bob

121 - 140 of 7418 Posts