Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have an early Bachmann Spectrum 4-6-2 HO which I decided to put a Tsunami Sound decoder in. Then my problems started. After doing all the right things like isolating the motor etc I found when I started to run it on DCC the connection rods seemed to jam. Since then I pulled the motor out with great difficulty and then found the wheels would not turn. Seems like the quartering was out so after spending 2 days trying to get this right I finally got things working on DC only with the wheels turning smoothly. Then the pin holding the rods together came out plus a couple of other things went wrong.
Should I persevere with this loco and try getting it running on DCC or should I look for a loco suitable for DCC conversion.
If the later, what would be an easy loco to convert.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wish you good luck on trying to convert it to DCC.

My recommendation is to try to convert it to DCC, though it may be hard, you end up learning more about the engine, and what you learn could come in handy in the future.

I had a life-life Amtrak engine that gave me problems when trying to convert it. I ended up Cutting out the guts and making it a dummy.

--Cid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts