Model Train Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wonder if i can copyright this and make money off it? i have always liked the texas special engine. well i purchased a couple lionel ho texas special engines from ebay. a few ran but very very crappy. so i decided to change motors on one. i did and it runs decent, not really smooth but it runs like a new bachmann cheap diesel would have. anyways. i ordered a armature for one of my engines thinking the armature was the problem. i put the motor together with a new armature and the motor got very hot and still had the same problem. well i found another magnet around here and the motor ran better with a magnet stuck to the bottom of it. so i was to the conclusion the magnets lost there strength. i knew of earth magnets being very strong and found these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250714501843&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i put these in place of the old magnet and now the motor runs like new or better than new and doesn't get hot. wonderful thing is, with the motor on it. nobody would ever know that it had anything done to it.

if you guys want i can put the old magnet in make a video and put the new magnets in and take a video. i haven't put the motor in a engine yet, but i can already tell it's stronger. the other motor would stall and stop turning if i touched the armature, this one i can grab the armature and it still trys to turn.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts