Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know it's pitiful!! Haha It's been in and out of storage, moved three times, been in the attic, etc. I guess,
just keeping my hand in...
There's a 5x9 HO layout in the garage that may NEVER see the light of day again, I dunno. Years creeping by...
Anyhow, I have posted a lot of "IMO", just wanted something to show that I'm not ALL mouth. 馃ぃ

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
I pull 12 coal cars around there reliably, now that ALL couplers are Microtrains and cars weighted to NMRA. More than that just looks too long to me...
GFOB runs between Grand Forks, ND and Olive Branch, MS.
In the future, we might actually see trees and grass start growing out of the blue sand desert. :D

Registered
It's a running train, right? Therefore it's a model railroad, and you are a model railroader!!

Registered
I pull 12 coal cars around there reliably, now that ALL couplers are Microtrains and cars weighted to NMRA. More than that just looks too long to me...
GFOB runs between Grand Forks, ND and Olive Branch, MS.
In the future, we might actually see trees and grass start growing out of the blue sand desert. :D
cid;

You have a little layout, on which, you can actually run a train! The oval & figure-eight track plan may not be particularly realistic, and yes, some scenery would be nice, but dude! You can run a train! BTW, If, and only if you want, I can advise you on how to add some operating interest, and a more realistic appearance to your layout.

Congratulations;

Traction Fan 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, TF! The driving force behind the oval/figure eight was the ability to traverse all sections of the mainline in both directions continuously using some kind of automatic turnout control. So far, that goal has not been accomplished! 馃槅
All the track is not even laid.
Current project is controlling polarity in the reverse loops using Arduino and reed switches (not yet installed). I'll let you know how that goes...
MAYBE after that will be adding Arduino PWM speed control. Still under consideration.:rolleyes:

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
MAYBE the Arduino polarity contol is coded 馃ぃ It turned out much simpler than I thought so it's prolly wrong.
Waiting on sensors now.
Leaned the layout back up against the wall so I could use that toolcart/bench. Workin' on the house is what I am SUPPOSED to be doing, but also need R&R :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts