Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to minimise what is happening, but there will be a positive personal outcome (albeit a small one):

Last week, I had to email back my DCS51 to Digitrax (long story but needless to say no operating trains for a while) and yesterday I found out my college will be closed for two weeks.

So... I'll be whittling down my MRR To-Do list:
Add bus and feeder wires to my new yard
Redo the old yard
And - though I'm hoping I won't have time for this - Ballasting :(

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The old saying is that when one door closes, another opens. Make hay while the sun shines. Or, as Dick Proenneke would have said, "When the weather won't let you work outside, make your work fit the day."

It is healthy to be optimistic, to seek opportunities, and to have a Plan B. Makes life interesting, and it provides adaptability.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
How'd that work out, emailing your DCS51 to Digitrax? Did it fit in your computer? :laugh:

May I suggest you use some of your down time to catch up on or get ahead on some school subjects? :cool:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How'd that work out, emailing your DCS51 to Digitrax? Did it fit in your computer? :laugh:

May I suggest you use some of your down time to catch up on or get ahead on some school subjects? :cool:
The things Digitrax are capable of today :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to minimise what is happening, but there will be a positive personal outcome (albeit a small one):

Last week, I had to email back my DCS51 to Digitrax (long story but needless to say no operating trains for a while) and yesterday I found out my college will be closed for two weeks.

So... I'll be whittling down my MRR To-Do list:
Add bus and feeder wires to my new yard
Redo the old yard
And - though I'm hoping I won't have time for this - Ballasting :(
An update :)

Add bus and feeder wires to my new yard- DONE!
Redo the old yard
NEW ADDITION: Replace ties taken out when joining flextrack together
And - though I'm hoping I won't have time for this - Ballasting :

Our CEGEPS (colleges) are now closed until May 1; looks like I'll be delivering my courses online. I already do some online facilitation so not much of a change for me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[And another update :)

Add bus and feeder wires to my new yard- DONE!
Redo the old yard - DONE
NEW ADDITION: Replace ties taken out when joining flextrack together
And - though I'm hoping I won't have time for this - Ballasting :

I'm very happy with what I did with my old yard. I built a new yard (first pic); it holds 2-3 X as many cars.

This is the old yard:

And the new industrial area that replaced it:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts