Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Railees,
I of course have used my home made scenic cement to lock down my ballast, but, I'm finding that (it's the same consistency as WS Liquid cement) when laying down under brush, it seems too runny to hold the brush exactly where I want it. WS makes a scenic glue that they recommend for under brush. Is that just white glue undiluted or what?
What seems to work for underbrush for all of you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think your talking about hobby tack and no it's not white glue.It is a glue that stays sticky and flexable,worked good for me holding bushes and tree follage in place,hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why I mentioned scenic glue is that the package of WS underbrush mentions scenic glue (not cement). I think the hobby tack might be the way to go. I was just looking to cheap out and make a substitute if the glue they were referring to was easily made. Is there a cheap source of hobby tack?:laugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok I know th WS glue you are talking about, and it is expensive.I get a glue from the craft store called Mod Podge matte,it's for glueing puzzels after they are finnished.I use 50/50 of matt and water for ballast but you can make it thicker trees and shrubs.If you can get a hairdye bottle it's great for putting your mix in and use it for ballasting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I know th WS glue you are talking about, and it is expensive.I get a glue from the craft store called Mod Podge matte,it's for glueing puzzels after they are finnished.I use 50/50 of matt and water for ballast but you can make it thicker trees and shrubs.If you can get a hairdye bottle it's great for putting your mix in and use it for ballasting.
Cowboy, I think your on to something here! I have a bottle of Hodge Podge in the cupboard that I've used for coating plaques etc. At the right consistency it will probably hold stuff in place, and it dries clear.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts