Model Train Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Ohio Central Systems
1,489 Posts
I used an inexpensive utility knife that uses those long segmented razor blades. I scared myself a few times, especially when one would snap under pressure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've searched this site and others and came up with tons of products to use. The most common problem is the availability of adhesives or styrofoam glues. Liquid nails LN 604 seems to be a decent one, cant find any locally. Same with the Loctite PL300. "out of stock" I'd like more options/ideas on what you have used. How did it work and is it available? Amazon has the Liquid Nails at $24 a tube ( 10 ounce). It's like they know its hard to find and they are gouging the public. For comparison, Home Depot sells the PL604 at $73 a case (24) 10 ounce tubes, when its available. about $6 a tube. So I could use some other ideas. thanks
I used Glidden Gripper primer sealer to butt joined the 2x2 blue foam to make a 4x8 sheet.
No problem, with my case had to use weight (gallon of water) for keeping the pieces (2 at a time) together during curing about 24 hours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use it for everything. I repair my plastic models with it, I glue together layers of Styrofoam and other kinds of foam, Build wood ship models with it (water proof),stick and tissue airplane models and lots of other things around the house. Not only does it stick well and cure fast but it's cheap too compared with liquid nails and the like. About $6 for a 16oz squeeze container with a nozzle on top that's adjustable a bit. I love this stuff and I'm not allergic to it at all. White glue will work for your foam and styrofoam layers too but it takes a bit longer to set up and cure. I use both a lot. Norgale

·
Registered
18 Posts
Shelf Shelving Natural foods Building Audio equipment
All my styrofoam is glued down with Titebond. Wood Vehicle Toy Hardwood Rolling
Part of a styro mine I'm building.All TiteBond. Building Engineering Retail Machine Display case
All my subroadbed and pylons as well as all the track roadbed,cork, is glued down with TB but the track is all track nails in case I change something. Drys really strong and mostly clear.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts