Model Train Forum banner

GOLDEN SPIKE Commemorative Stamp - Today

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Spence 
#1 · (Edited)
Today is the first day of issue for the new stamp, commemorating “The Golden Spike” Transcontinental stamp. There is a set of 3 stamps, but a better choice is to buy a Pane that could be framed as a display. The cost of a Pane is $9.90, (forever stamps, without the price in the stamps). I’ll. Be hitting my Post Office later today. The stamps are very colorful.:smilie_daumenpos::smilie_daumenpos:

Paper

See less See more
#2 ·
Today is the first day of issue for the new stamp, commemorating “The Golden Spike” Transcontinental stamp. There is a set of 3 stamps, but a better choice is to buy a Pane that could be framed as a display. The cost of a Pane is $9.90, (forever stamps, without the price in the stamps). I’ll. Be hitting my Post Office later today. The stamps are very colorful.:smilie_daumenpos::smilie_daumenpos:
I didnt know this. Thanks for the info, i will be hitting my post office today too.

#6 ·
I got a page of them. They still had plenty they said. Broke, your location is why yours was sold out. They are the most beautiful and colorful stamps I have seen. I was hoping for a certificate stating "First Day" but they did not do that for these.

#8 ·
I went to ebay to see if some stamps were on yet. Sure enough they are. Some had something from USPS saying" first day of issue". My post office said they didn't have anything saying that. Sellers were asking 1.39 for one stamp and no "first day" certificate,
plus shipping. They are .55 each at post office. 9.90 for a full page of them, 18 stamps. I hardly ever send mail. I try to do all online. I might get a couple more sheets in case I do mail anything. They are forever stamps.

#9 ·
Al, I never thought to check if they would show up on eBay. Your typical low life’s trying to capitalize on others stupidity, asking anything over the actual price, and without looking myself, they probably also want high shipping costs!!! The days of “First Day of Issue” has gone by the wayside, along with the typical First Day Covers. The hobby of Stamp collecting is no longer what it was years ago. The prices and the many new stamps produced each year, has caused the hobby to suffer. Today was the the actual First day of issue, as a NEW stamp.

A follow up check on eBay, shows one seller offering the full Pane at $19.00 with $3.82 shipping. Sad thing will be someone willing to pay that price.:smilie_auslachen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.