Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news is i get a great cleaning in slow motion with high volts, speed control on, bad news is i cant turn it off, even if cleaner is off. Aerotain by itself is ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I was never happy with the job that Lionel cleaner car did. It always seemed to leave a puddle of cleaning fluid on the layout where I filled it.

Are you saying that the cleaner car keeps running when you stop the engine? Are you running DCS with a constant 18 volts to the track?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I converted mine too to scotchbrite but still use the fluid. No mess at all. With the higher voltage is spins nicely. I am saying that I cant turn the speed control on or off with the cleaner car connected no matter if the cleaner is on or off. Pull the cleaner off the track and the MTH speed control turns on and off using the buttons, no dcs.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I turned off the cleaner, no change. Maybe its the drag or weight that is throwing the speed control off.

·
Admin
44,388 Posts
Maybe the speed control isn't working. Excessive drag could cause a problem as well I suspect, I don't do much running in conventional mode. Any of my full sized diesels or steamers can tow this cleaner with no issues. AAMOF, I've towed this and another cleaning car together at times.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As an aerotrain, it works fine. I can turn the speed control on and off an when it goes around curves, it slows down and starts up again.I have noticed though that it starts up in slow mode. All of my other MTH engines start normal speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts