Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man one can get ticked when they stick up till seconds to get out bid!!!!!!

but.. my max was over what I wanted to pay. im mad but im gonna make my own cheaper...way...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks a little pricey. The nice thing about making your own is that no one else will have one just like it.

Now I model in 1/35 scale which means just about everything is either scratch built or kitbashed.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks a little pricey. The nice thing about making your own is that no one else will have one just like it.

Now I model in 1/35 scale which means just about everything is either scratch built or kitbashed.
im thinkin tanker car...removed..styrene and a bit of fun... we will see

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
If you keep watching one will come along at a better price, I put a max price on mine and if I lose I don't care. There will be more. I built this years ago, it is not finished. I want to add pumps and some hose down the bottom. Now that I have time I just might do that.:)
I made this out of 2 Union 76 RR tankers. First picture I found of it I will take a better shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Riggzie My Man.....Yeah it's a Total Crap Shoot and a Slap in the Kisser...but it can also get that brain a rolling to make it cheaper and better and save some Doe-Rey-MI!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i could take some of mine apart. I dont need 6 (i think) tankers on my track. my trains are picky pulling that many.... so i could take 2/3 apart and build from that..
but how do you get your mind to allow you to do that if you have them already!!!! having separation anxiety... LOL

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is who i used to do.. you set it.. say 3 seconds.. and max bid... walk away and get an email... outbid or win... done... no more up at 2am waiting last seconds to bid..

may have to use again.. gettin tired of sitting waiting.. hah

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
so i could take some of mine apart. I dont need 6 (i think) tankers on my track. my trains are picky pulling that many.... so i could take 2/3 apart and build from that..
but how do you get your mind to allow you to do that if you have them already!!!! having separation anxiety... LOL
I got my tankers in a junk lot I bought, they were off the chassis.
I wanted the Union 76 logo on mine.
Thinking about it now, painted up soup cans (or some kind of can) would work too.
I have the bottom block board in strips in my stock. Comes in handy for building foundations too.
The frame support was built using chop sticks, as they are tapered nice.
The guard rail is HO, the escape ladders I bought at my hobby shop.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, hopefully there will be another soon . . .
$20... ill paint and whatever.. make my own now...

some styrene for a platform.. ill do a ladder style something.. will get it lookin top notch. will be mine!!!

couldnt take my rollin stock apart.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Those are prewar?
They will make nice tanks for tank farm, use the tank supports and they already have ladders.
Build some kind of containment wall. Lights will be easy to find.
Even some of the HO lights would work around them as work lights.
And you can pack it up when you move. Make something with that in mind.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are prewar?
They will make nice tanks for tank farm, use the tank supports and they already have ladders.
Build some kind of containment wall. Lights will be easy to find.
Even some of the HO lights would work around them as work lights.
And you can pack it up when you move. Make something with that in mind.
what kinda work lights? new to me...

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Yard lights, see my black tank in the picture there is a light to light up the work area.
I have more for my other tanks.
Same as the one you were bidding on, there is a light there too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I rarely bid on anything when I first see it. I simply watch it. Then when I get the reminder it’s about to end, I’ll view the listing, wait until the last 20 secs and place my bid with the max I’ll pay. Usually I win.
You probably got outbid by someone like me. I don’t do O scale tho so wasn’t me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
I rarely bid on anything when I first see it. I simply watch it. Then when I get the reminder it’s about to end, I’ll view the listing, wait until the last 20 secs and place my bid with the max I’ll pay. Usually I win.
You probably got outbid by someone like me. I don’t do O scale tho so wasn’t me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wait till the last 6 seconds.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Do I hear three seconds? Three seconds? Anyone, three seconds? Going once. Going twice ...

I'll put in my max bid and wait at the "confirm bid" phase until 3 seconds are left. Then hit confirm.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do I hear three seconds? Three seconds? Anyone, three seconds? Going once. Going twice ...

I'll put in my max bid and wait at the "confirm bid" phase until 3 seconds are left. Then hit confirm.
you got it.. 3s is my time...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts