Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Kenny, I send you a demo message with instructions. I hope you like those street lights.
Click on the intended recipients logo to the left in the thread, then click on start discussion. Type message in dialog box, add a title, the click start discussion under the message dialog box.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks so much Tom for the response to my PM question. I was quite surprised to see those lights since I had seen yours and wished I had some. Flyernut to the rescue!

Kenny

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The owners had to change the names of every function here so no one knows exactly what is what. Just call it what it is; PM.

Start discussion. Yeah, right. Who said I wanted to discuss anything? Maybe I'd just like to send a PRIVATE MESSAGE. Idiots.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I agree for sure. Start Discussion sounds too much like start a new thread, not like send a PM. Overall I do like the way the forum software works.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Private messages invariably start discussions, so it makes perfect sense.....unless no one ever replies to their private messages....which is extremely doubtful....

At least that makes sense to me, other’s mileage may vary..... :whistle:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree for sure. Start Discussion sounds too much like start a new thread, not like send a PM. Overall I do like the way the forum software works.
When I first looked at that PM dialog box and saw the Start Discussion, I was a bit confused because my intent wasn't to start a thread. Sorta confusing.

Kenny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts