Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Funny- I just came across something yesterday about Rod Stewart and his 124' long (!) layout. Can't remember where right now, tho :confused: (had to be a link from the MR website. Been spending quite a bit of time there since my 'script started. I think I said it elsewhere- if you don't already subscribe (yeah, it ain't cheap- my bike and car mags are all $9.99~12.99/yr, I got the MR for an astonishing $32.99 :rolleyes: eww... and I get a free layout book- whatta ba-gan!!anyway...) GET IT!! The mag is great, but the website access is the real good stuff!!)

Anyway, back to ****'s, er, homie's layout, I really kinda dismissed it as probably "bought" with all his money, right? I've never been a big fan to begin with. Okay... I think he's :supergay: (my wife just reminded me he's married... eh- it's a front :p:laugh:!!!)

Whoa. I have a new respect for the guy, for sure. He actually did build this thing. Taking his stuff on the road like that? Man... to say I'm jealous would be a mild understatement!!! Very cool.

I wish we had more pics available. Which MR issue was it? Does anyone know if it's been published anywhere else?

And for the record... I guess since he's a modeler... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and retract my "it's a front" line :cheeky4:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Aye Laddies an he's a SCOTTSMAN TOOOOO!!

Who didn't think Rachel Hunter was the hottest redhead on the planet until....."Ravishing Rod "got his hooks into her!!! But yeah he has become a cult hero in my house cuz of that article in Model Railroader. He just doesn't buy stuff for his layout....he scratch builds in his Hotel Suites!! So after a rough nite of groupies throwing undies at him on stage....he retires to his room and creates the most detailed buildings.....well ya gotta read the article and see the photos...very impressive!:eek::eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts