Model Train Forum banner

761 - 780 of 803 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #762
Yours too. I forgot how to do the occupancy indications for the turnouts and crossings. I thought I saved your step by step instructions but I can't find them anymore. It seems to me it was routes with macros maybe?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yours too. I forgot how to do the occupancy indications for the turnouts and crossings. I thought I saved your step by step instructions but I can't find them anymore. It seems to me it was routes with macros maybe?
Do you mean connecting a turnout to an external occupancy detection device OR the highlighting of the track when a route (with or without turnouts) is occupied?

Frederick

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #770
That is it. Thanks
Highlighted occupied turnouts is a really neat feature for me. I can see when the train has cleared on the screen in the yard which is too far to see for me from the other side. The turnouts are stacked closely and it is hard tell which it is by eyeball. I put it on YT so others can see your method.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #773
Here is a video on how this works. I can tell when I can throw the turnout by the screen indications as to which turnouts are clear.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #774
This is the underside of the removable yard and the associated electronics. There are 2 quick connect plugs that share electronic duties with two other sections and another that provides DCC and power to the yard.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since the decision has been made that this version is not big enough to suit me, I am going to redesign it again to conform to a class "P" NMRA standard. I will recover all the electronics and buildings but not the rest.
Jerry, what ended happening to your old layout?I model the exact layout. Just curious.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I still have it.
I still have the basic layout, but mine came in such disrepair, that I lost one of the bridges but built a station track inside one of the ovals. Jut now converting to DCC. I have a town on one end and farm on the other. I'm always looking for parts to keep renovating. Let me know if you ever want to part with it. Mine is just one piece and very cumbersome to move. From what I'm reading, I'm just up the interstate from you in Central Texas. Next time in your area, I need to come see your current layout.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #779
I am in northwest San Antonio. Just let me know when you want to come by.

761 - 780 of 803 Posts