Model Train Forum banner

801 - 803 of 803 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts

This is my modified GG&N. It is two levels. At the far end, I put in a turnout and that is the track that goes thru the single bridge on the right and acts as a reversing loop. On the lower level just before the double track bridge is a double crossover. It is operated using a Digitrax Zephyr Plus. Turnouts are all Peco and the switch machines are controlled by Digitrax DS64s. Digitrax AR1 for the reversing loop. Also added PM42 Power manager, layout has 4 blocks. I am using a RR-CirKits USB Loco Buffer to the Zephyr and control the turnouts from a laptop running JMRI. This has been going for many years, off and on. I am not really a scenery guy, more into the electronics and just watching trains run. Have oodles of rolling stock, mostly unbuilt.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am working on designing a merged layout of he Granite Gorge and another layout (both I had some years ago). they were both torn down for different reasons. at this point, I have a SCARM design, and a woodworking design of the table I will be using. The table will end up in 6 sections. After reading this thread, I will likely build in 3 paired folding sections (2 5x10, and a 4x8). The 4x8 will have a siding yard, while the 5x10 parts will have the granite northern, and a Tyco expanded layout. They appear to interconnect well. It is likely I will not be able to start building until December or January. I am stuck on moving some measurements between SCARM and the woodworking CAD programs. Once I get my mind around comparing apples to apples, in these programs, I should be fine. I know deciding upon where the low point is, and how the elevations figure in. I have a SCARM design (I think from here), and how I should be changing the original 5x9 to 6x10 layout measurements. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

801 - 803 of 803 Posts