Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have posted previously about my planned layout, under a couple of other topics. At this point, I have to fix the concrete floor, in the room it will be in. I hopefully have a concrete contractor to deal with it, and will start working on it in the next 4 weeks. This allows my original plan to start construction in January. I still need to restore electric service to the room, but this should be minor. I will likely add a couple of circuits to the electric panel, just to make sure things work. Details, details....

This all after a move from NYC area to the Nashville, Tennessee area... I'm still kinda unpacking, but wasn't planning on starting the layout until January. This still is possible, but we will see.

·
Registered
694 Posts
So, I have posted previously about my planned layout, under a couple of other topics. At this point, I have to fix the concrete floor, in the room it will be in. I hopefully have a concrete contractor to deal with it, and will start working on it in the next 4 weeks. This allows my original plan to start construction in January. I still need to restore electric service to the room, but this should be minor. I will likely add a couple of circuits to the electric panel, just to make sure things work. Details, details....

This all after a move from NYC area to the Nashville, Tennessee area... I'm still kinda unpacking, but wasn't planning on starting the layout until January. This still is possible, but we will see.
Welcome to Tennessee.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can get that couple that are on tv to renovate your house for you if you want.....lol,

it would turn out awesome more than likely

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And pay the taxes too.. The value of the work becomes income..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok... We have a concrete contractor company coming in a couple of weeks, and are currently cleaning stuff off the floor. Six contractors garbage bags full of stuff, and more to go. I hope to get, and fill a dumpster later this week. Short of that, we will rent a uhaul, and drive it to a garbage transfer facility... Plus we will get a local electrician to fix the power to the back barn. The drainage issues are a work in progress, but improving. Such fun....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the barn is more or less cleaned out, and will be pressure washing the floor, then painting it. Next big step is to retrieve stuff, from storage and getting ready for the big build...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I was working on the storage shelves a bit today, until.... CRACK. Never have I backed out of a spot so quickly.... Guess I gotta rethink the shelves. I don't really need them, and will likely pull them down, replace with a couple of garage storage units, and build a work bench, with some of the salvaged wood. Like to ask the guy that built it, with little support and 1/4 inch plywood, exactly what he was thinking....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts