Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!!

I recently finished up a small layout 2’x4’ for the Walthers National Model Railroad Build-Off. You were required to purchase a specific starter kit and then build following a set of guidelines.

I built a layout based around the Great Northern Line between Spokane Washington and Moscow Idaho In October 1968.

I have recently been informed that I am a semi- finalist, which means I am eligible for the People’s Choice Award. This requires that people take a look at the submissions and vote. If you click the link you can look at the submissions and vote for your favorite, which I hope is mine!!
Vote For People's Choice Winner

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
You have some tough competition there. Especially from Bumgartner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What size did you use? I was at Micheal's they had some that was too thick... Also would like to support MR vendors who did you get it from

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also have a cloud question! Incredible job. Please explain your methods
My backdrop is all acrylic paint I watched a number of YouTube videos and I have done some painting in the past. I started with a white backdrop added in the sky color working from photos. I then added in the darker part of the clouds and kept overlaying white and other colors. One thing I learned from the video is to use a damp paper towel to smudge and blend the clouds.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for your thread. Watched the Walthers Video just a few hours ago and am thrilled to see a member as a semi-finalist. Voted and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greg,
You definitely captured the look of dry eastern Washington and growing wheat south of Spokane, with the basalt cliff with the steep drive and the deep gulch. You got my vote!
Reynold
Puyallup Wash

1 - 20 of 26 Posts