Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...in Jackson, LA., I'll let the pics do the talking...

...a great day there with many models running, hope the pics aren't too big...

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

...this one spent a good part of its life in a hobby shop...in New Orleans...under 11 feet of water. That's why it's so well weathered. 10 bucks...needs a bit of work though...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Go Tigers!!

Hey Shay,
All I can say is WOW!! Those Steam Engines are incredible especially Old #2597 looks like a 2-8-2 Heavy Mikado. Have to ask ....what are you doing in LSU country, on vacation. Also How anything could look that good after Katrina is amazing even for $10.00 and some work!:D

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Shay,
All I can say is WOW!! Those Steam Engines are incredible especially Old #2597 looks like a 2-8-2 Heavy Mikado. Have to ask ....what are you doing in LSU country, on vacation. Also How anything could look that good after Katrina is amazing even for $10.00 and some work!:D
That heavy mike is my #3 favorite, it follows the K27 in the first pic followed by the Tom Thumb @ #1...sweet machines all.

I live in LSU country, been here now 6 months...my job has me driving all over the state---over 7000 miles in the last 12 weeks.

The Big Hauler is a nice looking machine but, NIB, they were prone to cracking axles. I just wasn't willing to dive into something I knew was already stacked against me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts