Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Frank and I'm just starting up again with the Model Railroading hobby. I say "starting up again" as I'm mid-60's and haven't played with trains since I was in my teens. Things have changed a lot since then.

I've built a 4x8 table and decided to initially build the Atlas HO-6 Trunk Line trackplan. I'm using Atlas 83 track pieces and have decided to power and control using DCC. We'll see what happens.

I appreciate having this forum to come to, and for your consideration of my questions.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi Frank and welcome to the forum.
The Trunk Line is a nice track plan for 4x8.
You can have two trains operating plus a switcher working the sidings. All easily accomplished using DCC control.
I run DC myself but there are a lot of folks on here with DCC expertise. Have fun building your layout and keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Hi, my name is Frank and I'm just starting up again with the Model Railroading hobby. I say "starting up again" as I'm mid-60's and haven't played with trains since I was in my teens. Things have changed a lot since then.

I've built a 4x8 table and decided to initially build the Atlas HO-6 Trunk Line trackplan. I'm using Atlas 83 track pieces and have decided to power and control using DCC. We'll see what happens.

I appreciate having this forum to come to, and for your consideration of my questions.
Frank;

Welcome to the forum! I just finished responding to your question about turnouts in another part of the forum.

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts