Model Train Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I used Carrera safety wall fencing around my 10x6 slot car table. I cut the track clips off and used two screws (each piece) to attach to the edge of the 1/2 birch plywood table. I also used their metal clip to joined adjacent walls.
Very nice looking product! The only mild comment/criticism I'd offer is that this seems wildly out of scale, even for O scale (from the photo, it looks like the "Jersey wall" part of the wall is 5 or 6 feet high, and the top of the fence is roughly16 feet, in O scale), so for HO it would be even more so. And of course, the cost would not be inconsiderable for anything other than short sections. If you like the look, though, you might be able to replicate it at low cost. Full 'chain link fence' can be fairly simply recreated with some window screen, metal or polystyrene rods, and some paint and superglue, and scale Jersey barriers are available at reasonable cost.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice looking product! The only mild comment/criticism I'd offer is that this seems wildly out of scale, even for O scale (from the photo, it looks like the "Jersey wall" part of the wall is 5 or 6 feet high, and the top of the fence is roughly16 feet, in O scale), so for HO it would be even more so. And of course, the cost would not be inconsiderable for anything other than short sections. If you like the look, though, you might be able to replicate it at low cost. Full 'chain link fence' can be fairly simply recreated with some window screen, metal or polystyrene rods, and some paint and superglue, and scale Jersey barriers are available at reasonable cost.
Overall wall height 1 1/2
Installed height from table surface 1 1/4
For HO
1.25 x 87 = 108.75 scale inches height
108.75 ÷ 12 = 9.0625 scale feet height.

Backview
and
Front facing where controls are

Cutting mat Textile Sleeve Wood Rectangle

Bumper Wood Trunk Audio equipment Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Overall wall height 1 1/2
Installed height from table surface 1 1/4
For HO
1.25 x 87 = 108.75 scale inches height
108.75 ÷ 12 = 9.0625 scale feet height
Yep, just about exactly what I said -- in O scale, 1.5 inches overall is exactly 6 scale feet (at 1:48), and 1.25 inches is 5 scale feet, and as I said and your figures confirm, HO scales even higher. Per your photo, though, it appears you've omitted the simulated chain link fencing above the Jersey barrier which was shown on the merchant's web site you linked to, which I included in my "top of the fence" guesstimate of 16 feet in O scale. For HO rolling stock, I suspect the Jersey wall alone should be more than adequate to avoid damage for all but the most energetic of mishaps!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep, just about exactly what I said -- in O scale, 1.5 inches overall is exactly 6 scale feet (at 1:48), and 1.25 inches is 5 scale feet, and as I said and your figures confirm, HO scales even higher. Per your photo, though, it appears you've omitted the simulated chain link fencing above the Jersey barrier which was shown on the merchant's web site you linked to, which I included in my "top of the fence" guesstimate of 16 feet in O scale. For HO rolling stock, I suspect the Jersey wall alone should be more than adequate to avoid damage for all but the most energetic of mishaps!
That's why I omitted the chain link fence, there are retaining walls holding back earth.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts